Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Governor's Day


Carter loves his daddy and always wants to be just like him....well in this case I really pray that he doesn't have to be just like him. I hope being a solider is not in his future!


However, those are some pretty big boots to fill.

This is Governor Huntsman and his wife and other important people with the National Guard walking onto the field.

Every year in September the National Guard has what is called Governor's Day. That is where ALL guard's men and air guard's men come in front of the Governor for inspection. Pretty much they all march around the field and then stand in rest formation for like an hour and a half while they are talked to, and then when the Governor does his walk through. Usually they have this even out at Camp Williams, this year however it was held at Rice Eccels Stadium. I actually like it there a lot better, the parking was better as well as the traffic. If you've ever been out to Camp Williams there is only ONE road in, and the traffic is terrible for this event. This was the first year that I took Carter too it. He loved watching the band play and seeing the soliders walk by. However, his highlight was watching the plane and helecopters fly by. He could have watched that ALL day long.

Carter watching the parade go by.


This is Trent's unit, 144th ASMC


This is the back end of Trent's unit (I think). He was at the very back, left corner so he's not qite in this shot.




The entire field was COVERED with soilders. It was pretty impressive. Every now and then you'd see someone pass out and be carried off the field onto a strecher at the back of the field.




Ohhhh, aren't they a handsome pair! Carter was so excited to see Trent marching on the field, he'd yell "go daddy" or "yeah daddy" every few seconds. When it was over and we found Trent Carter wanted to ride on Daddy's shoulders. Trent put him up there and he pulled his hat off and stuck it on his head. Some woman passed by us and wanted to take his picture, so I guess I needed to take one too.

2 comments:

Chad & Angela Nuttall said...

That is just too cute! I love that little guy.

Visalia-Porterville-Hanford LDS Stakes said...

I'm so sad that I missed hanging out with you guys at Governor's Day! Go figure it's cool after we leave! Miss you guys tons!