So, I know I'm a bit behind in this post....but better later than never, right.
In August we went camping in Idaho with Trent's Dad and Step Mom (Blair and Rhonda), and Kimberlee (step sister) came too. We had a BLAST! Blair and Rhonda are so very good to us, they spoil the kids (and us), Carter LOVES LOVES being with them. Carter spent two weeks with Blair while I was gone and Trent was gone also with National Guard stuff, he didn't want to come home. He informed me that he was staying with Papa Blair and not coming home.We drove up to North Ogden on a Friday afternoon and picked up Kimberlee and then started the drive to Rexburg. I think we got there around 5ish, Blair had the motor home all packed and ready to go, so off we went. He has his favorite spots to camp, up near Kilgore I think. We headed up too the hills and found a little campsite off the side of the road. We had a blast four wheeling, eating yummy camping food (smores of course), playing games, and just laughing the night away. We stayed Friday night, all day on Saturday, and then packed it all up early Sunday morning.
Hanna LOVES Muppy......can you tell? And I'd have to say Muppy is very patient with her.
We ran into only one small problem as we were setting up camp.....you see there are only 3 beds in the motor home, the queen/double bed in the back (that's Blair and Rhonda's bed), the table in the kitchen area folds down to a bed, slightly wider than a twin, and Kimberlee gets that bed, then there is the bench seat/couch thing that also folds down into a bed (only slightly wider than a twin...maybe, but WAY shorter). So there is absolutely no way I'm going to share that bed with Trent, we have a king bed at home, I don't want to be touched when I'm sleeping. Blair said he had a tent in the motor home we could set up for Trent......here comes the trouble, you see this tent came with the motor home when Blair and Rhonda bought it 3 years ago and he's never set it up before so we didn't know that it was broken. One of the poles that you use to set the tent up with was broke, so what do we do......pull out the duct tape! Trent found a pretty green stick, so it was pretty pliable, taped it around the pole and.......
.......tada! Problem solved!
There's nothing that duct tape won't fix.....right?! Well except for maybe the next little sleeping problem.....comfort on a hard ground. No worries, Blair said he had an air mattress, just a little problem, it didn't fit in the tent. I thought, why not stick it in the tent before you blow it up then it would have to fit...some how.....Trent had another idea, since he blew up the air mattress before he heard my idea. Why not set the tent on top of the mattress, I got a pretty good laugh when I woke up and found what he had done! Hmmmm, maybe we are a little too redneckish.
Blair handed Hanna a sausage for breakfast, as greasy and gross as she got, it was REALLY funny. She really enjoyed it too, she got way upset when I took it away from her.
burr, it's cold in the morning!
Hanna loves to go for rides, I'm sure it's not so safe to ride with her on the front like that, but we do go on groomed easy riding trails. She just hangs out and relaxes.
Carter climbing a tree at camp
Daddy even made him a little swing
Okay.....if you are offended by this next photo, I'm very sorry, I find it HILARIOUS! Carter has a new love.....that's right peeing outside. He thought it was the greatest thing on earth to just drop his pants where ever we were at and pee, we had to break that little habit when we got home.
Okay.....if you are offended by this next photo, I'm very sorry, I find it HILARIOUS! Carter has a new love.....that's right peeing outside. He thought it was the greatest thing on earth to just drop his pants where ever we were at and pee, we had to break that little habit when we got home.
Carter and Grandma Rhonda, oh and muppy. Carter insisted on riding with her all day long.
Yes folks, that dog has on goggles.....aka doggles.
Daddy and Carter making smores
I'm pretty sure that was the first time Carter has ever had a smore....I'd say he enjoyed it!
This is one of my favorite things about camping.....hanging out around the campfire (and eating of course).
Let's be honest....sometimes he just needs a smack to the head.
So I totally forgot Hanna's pajamas, so she slept in her clothes in here little peapod, it's the coolest little bed ever.
6 comments:
I love your posts, Janel. You are hilarious and so REAL. I laughed out loud at the tent on the mattress idea, but I have to say it's pretty brilliant. Oh, and I want to know more about the pea pod bed. That looks like something I might need. :)
what I love is that those camo pants trent has on are legitimate. That's fantastic AND you are hilarious....save that peeing carter picture for his girlfriends.
I love the picture of Carter peeing. I wonder who taught him that he can pee anywhere?
I love the tent on the mattress, that's hilarious! That is totally something Dave would do!!
those were some freakin hilarious pictures! I love the sausage! Hannah is getting so big and so cute! thanks for the book name!
Love it what a big boy the great outdoors probably was heaven to pee in! Rik was proud of him. Hannah and sausage what is it about munchkins and processed meat? It must be the MSG.
Carter's cakes were awesome. Glad Europe was awesome. You are awesome. Everything about your blog is awesome...
Post a Comment