Hanna has found a new freedom...well, okay so it's been a few weeks now, but I'm just getting around to blogging it now. She has mastered the crawl! And she can move pretty fast too, I'm amazed at times that she can move as fast as she can. She does not do the both legs on the floor crawl, just one leg down and the other a flat foot on the ground to push herself off. Oh, and she's trying to stand up in the middle of the floor too.....what the heck, where did my baby go?! Try as I might I couldn't stop her from crawling, the crawling stage isn't my favorite. Dirty socks, dirty hands, dirty legs, worn out pants (knees), and wanting to get down and crawl everywhere and then the ticked off scream when she cannot get down because we are in a public place, and let's be honest, crawling all over the floor of some public places is just NASTY.
The other day I walked into the front room to check on the kids, I got a little panicked when I couldn't see Hanna anywhere. Where could she have gone? I was just in the bathroom doing my hair, the doors down the hall were shut...where on earth was she. Under the table. She LOVES it under there, maybe because she can sit and eat all the cereal or goldfish crackers that she has dropped under there and I've not got around to clean up yet. She'll take toys with her under the table and just hangout there.
She has also found the stove. It's the perfect size for her to sit and talk to her self, she'll point to her reflection, giggle, and just stare at herself for a sizable about of time for an infant. And I just don't even mind, whatever keeps her happy.
With this new found freedom, however, comes with a few terrible draw backs. Carter is no longer safe playing out of her reach. She only wants what he has and she dang good at getting it too. We now have to tell Carter to play with his toys on the couch where she cannot reach him, or to sit at the table. She finds EVERY little thing in the carpet and will eat it...goat heads brought in on Carter's shoes, little pieces of paper, leaves. My vacuum tells me it needs a break, it's been working overtime the last month since she's learned to crawl! OH....and don't forget to close the bathroom door, she loves to go in there and cause ALL sorts of trouble, Carter is still working on remembering that one.
Hanna is 9 months old this month (well on the 9th of this month, so a few weeks ago). I cannot believe it's been that long. I want to keep thinking of her as my little baby, but she's not so little any more. And now I cannot use the excuse "I just had a baby and that's why I'm fat," anymore, more time has past since she was born than the time I was pregnant with her, so now I'm just fat....no excuses! She had her 9 month checkup last week, she weighs in at 17 lbs 12ozs and is 28 1/4 inches long. She is in the 25th percentile for weight and 75th for height. Carter also had his 3 year checkup the same time as Hanna, he has finally passed the 30lb mark, he weighs 32 lbs. For over a year he weighed only 27-28lbs.
With this new found freedom, however, comes with a few terrible draw backs. Carter is no longer safe playing out of her reach. She only wants what he has and she dang good at getting it too. We now have to tell Carter to play with his toys on the couch where she cannot reach him, or to sit at the table. She finds EVERY little thing in the carpet and will eat it...goat heads brought in on Carter's shoes, little pieces of paper, leaves. My vacuum tells me it needs a break, it's been working overtime the last month since she's learned to crawl! OH....and don't forget to close the bathroom door, she loves to go in there and cause ALL sorts of trouble, Carter is still working on remembering that one.
Hanna is 9 months old this month (well on the 9th of this month, so a few weeks ago). I cannot believe it's been that long. I want to keep thinking of her as my little baby, but she's not so little any more. And now I cannot use the excuse "I just had a baby and that's why I'm fat," anymore, more time has past since she was born than the time I was pregnant with her, so now I'm just fat....no excuses! She had her 9 month checkup last week, she weighs in at 17 lbs 12ozs and is 28 1/4 inches long. She is in the 25th percentile for weight and 75th for height. Carter also had his 3 year checkup the same time as Hanna, he has finally passed the 30lb mark, he weighs 32 lbs. For over a year he weighed only 27-28lbs.
4 comments:
Lucky you! I just got over all of that fun stuff! Good luck!
Shelby hangs out under the table eating all the food she's dropped too! And she is a climber, it drives me nuts. She climbs up on the couches now, over all my barriers, everything! Hanna is so cute.
I love you guys!!!!!
Hannah is so cute! you better watch out because soon she is going to be walking and carter won't be safe anywhere! i am perfectly content with sophie's inability to roll over- you reminded me that mobility will make me have to be a real mom and actually watch my child!
Post a Comment