I just wanted to share some of the little things that are happening in our lives:
Carter is trying to learn how to adjust with his mobile sister. The other morning I was sitting here on the computer and hear Hanna screaming. I run to the front room to find Carter sitting...yes, sitting...on Hanna. He was parked on her back between her shoulder blades. I freaked out. "What are you doing?!" I screamed. "I'm sitting on Hanna." He answered back very calmly and matter of factly. After his 3 minute time out I asked him why he was sitting on Hanna. He told me he was just trying to keep her away from his trains that he was playing with. It took ALL I had not to laugh at the situation. What would he learn if I laughed at him after he did something so naught. He has also figured out that Trent rides his bike to work and to school and is telling him to make sure he wears his helmet "so the cars don't get you." I think it's sweet that he is noticing such things. He keeps us on our toes everyday. We get a good laugh with some of the things he says. Tonight at dinner he burped. Trent said "excuse you." To which Carter replied "no daddy, that's my excuse me please." He is always wanting to drive the car. The other day we were taking about how he was three and on his next birthday he'd be four. His face lit up and then said "and then I'll be big enough to drive all by my self!"
Hanna is moving faster and faster every day. She wanted everything that Carter has, even if we give her the EXACT same item, she wants the one in his hands. She can be a little mean too, it's a good thing she doesn't have teeth yet. When Carter tries to take something from her, she gets very angry and leans in a tries to bite him. Bitters drive me nuts, so we've got to work on that one. She's got a little temper, she is wonderful at throwing tantrums. If she is sitting on the floor and gets upset, she'll just bend in half and smack her head on the floor while she screams. Silly baby! And my favorite, her hair is long enough to put in piggies! I'm so very excited to this. She HATES having her hair done, she'll thrash her head back and forth and scream, so it's a little hard to get it even, but I sure try, and it looks so dang cute. I've got lots of pictures, I'll post them later.
Trent has only one semester left at UVU, I can hardly wait. I keep thinking that the income will be better and we'll be able to get into a house after he graduates. Then reality always hits me, we cannot afford a house even on the $20 an hour he'd be making as a nurse. Houses are so dang expensive, and that depresses me a little bit. I so want into a house, something bigger than the 800 sq feet we live in now! I cannot send Carter anywhere to play where Hanna cannot get him, without shutting a door, and that's bad news. I want a yard with a fence so I can send him outside without worrying about where he's at all the time. The list goes on and on. We've thought of moving to Logan after Trent graduate's, housing is lot cheaper up there. I'm not sold on it yet, but we are still thinking about it. He keeps very busy with work, school, guard, and his church calling. We don't see him near as often as we'd like. He's just changed his work schedule so we see him a little more. However, he got another job doing home health. He just work's on call hours, he's on call from 5pm to 8am. So anytime during those hours he can be gone. The biggest news on the Trent front.....NO DEPLOYMENT for us, yeah!! He was talking to his 1st Sergent, and he was told that they will deploy in Jan 2010, we are out May 29. He'll still have his 2 years of inactive status, but it's not likely they will take him. I'm pretty excited for that, the thought of another deployment depresses me!
Well, there's what's up with the Lymans.
1 comment:
Hmmmmmm Now I wonder where Hanna got her temper and throwing tantrums from. I never had any kids do that!
Mom :O}
Post a Comment