Over Father's Day weekend we went camping up Diamond Fork Canyon. We never plans these little adventures far enough in advance to get a good camping spot so we just take our chances. We pulled into the campground and they said they were full. I was all ready to say....well, they are full, let's just go home and camp in the front yard....and I can sleep in my bed and use a flushing toilet...and take a shower! But I figured I'd just keep my mouth closed. We drove all around on loop of the camp ground, no open sites. Then we went down another loop, and what would you know, there was an empty one, right across from the camp managers. So we pulled in and Trent went to talk to them to find out if that site was really available. Sure enough, about 5 minutes before the people that had it reserved came, pulled in, looked around, and then left. So it was ours. Dirt here we come! We really did have a great time. I do however HATE being dirty, I hate smelling dirty, I cannot stand to see my kids dirty, and using an outhouse.....yeah that just makes me gag! I had to open the toilet and back up to it NOT looking in so I wouldn't puke. I really do enjoy being out doors, I just hate being dirty. One day when we are rich we will have a camping trailer that has running water so I can FLUSH a toilet and kinda take a shower, and maybe have a half way decent bed to sleep in. But Carter and Trent had a blast and Hanna was pretty good too so I cannot complain!
Good morning sunshine! Carter was up with the sun. We actually put him to bed around 8:30 because he was being a little punk...well okay, he was being a 2 year old. He threw water on Hanna because we had told him not to dump water all over the place. It took him a while to get to sleep, but he slept really well, despite how FREEZING cold it was.
What is it with little boys (well and not so little boys too) and fire? He had to put sticks and rocks, and bugs, yes bugs, into the fire. He wanted to blow into it just like daddy.
Good morning Princess! Brrrr, it sure was cold in the morning! Hanna was happy to just chill in her stroller and watch Carter throw things in to the fire most of the time.
Okay, so this was my attempt to make a dutch oven breakfast, it was my first attempt, and I'd have to say that it turned out yummy!
1 comment:
I think th4e fun of cooking outside is the best part of camping. It looks like you guys had lot's of fun. Maybe I can talk Josh into a camping trip before we leave.
Post a Comment