While we were camping we decided that we would take a hike up to the hot pots just up the road from where we were. Trent's friend, Riley and his wife Amy met us at our campsite late Friday evening and then joined us on our hike. The hot pots were about 2 1/2 miles in, so 5 miles round trip. Carter loves to hike, he goes a little slow, but he did a pretty good job. We didn't bring the big backpack for him to ride in so he just walked. There was a little stream that ran along side the trail and he had to stop about every 5 steps to throw things into the water. It got annoying really fast, so I ended up carrying him on my back for the last half mile or so. At the base of the trail there was a sign that said "Although nudity is not prohibited in national forests, please use discretion as there are many scout and youth groups that also use these trails." I laughed at it when I read it, and now wish I had taken a picture of it!
How cute is that!
Hanna totally crashed!
When I stopped to take a picture of Hanna asleep in the pack, Carter climbed up on this rock and said "take picture of me on this rock!" He is so silly.
Notice Carter has his underwear on. We hadn't planned on hiking up to the hot pots, so I didn't think to bring swim things with us. So before we left camp I grabbed an extra pair of underwear for him to wear after he was done swimming, thinking that at least with underwear on he would be a bit more modest.
Hmmmm.......what happened to his underwear?! Apparently he hates to have wet underwear, even though he was using them as a swim suit and his daddy didn't think anything of letting him run around naked, after all there were only a handful of people there, all boys.
That's right he is still naked! I tried to get him to put underwear back on, but daddy said it was okay, so mom was out voted. Yes, we have a little streaker!!
The hot pots are just little "pots" on the side of this VERY cold stream/creek thing. Some of the pots were so hot that we couldn't get into them, others were just perfect. However, the stream itself was snow run off, so very cold. Riley dared Trent to go under this waterfall. And Trent didn't turn him down. You should have heard him scream!!
After he got out of the waterfall, he kicked a rock in his rush for a towel and totally jacked up one of his toes. We had brought an extra pair of shorts and a hand towel with us. So Trent thought he'd take off his wet pants and put on the shorts. Well.....there was no good spot to change, there was no spot at all. So Amy turned around, and all the other people there were boys and Trent just didn't care. So off went his wet pants. On the trail right above where we were at a group of girls came hiking in, remember nudity is not prohibited, I don't know if they really even saw him or not, but it was pretty funny!
1 comment:
Hi Trent! It's been a while - what beautiful children you have. I stumbled across your blog from Carrie's and Mike's. Visit us at boulant5.blogspot.com!
Post a Comment