Monday, May 12, 2008
Happy Birthday Trent!
Trent's birthday was April 20th. I thought it would be fun to have a little party for him. He grew up in a home that didn't do much for birthdays.....so he tells me....so I'm trying to train him into making birthdays a special day for that person. So I thought it would be fun to throw him a little surprise party with the people he loves most......his family. Trent's mom and brother live in North Salt Lake area, he has a sister in Logan area, a brother in Ogden, his dad is in Rexburg, Id, and then he has a sister in the Denver area. So we really don't get to see each other too often. I emailed everyone and invited them down here for a little party. Most everyone was able to come. He had no idea!! It is SO hard for me to keep secrets from him, I just get so excited and want to tell him everything. He mom had called and he answered the phone, I made up some story the next day as to why she had called. Sunday came around and his mom, Cheri, came to church with us. He thought she was just coming down to spend the afternoon with us because it was his birthday. Anyhow, after church we go up to my parents house to help make dinner up there. We put Carter down for a nap and the grandmas had Hanna, so Trent decided he'd go lay down on a couch in the basement to take a nap before dinner. I went down with him and we'd only been down there a minute or two when his siblings and their kids came tromping down the stairs. He was SHOCKED! Just the reaction I was looking for!! He looked at me and asked "You knew about this?!" I just smiled at him and told him Happy Birthday! We love you Trent!
It was also my little sisters birthday....and we realized a little too late that we didn't have any candles, that is why there is a 2 and a 1 on the cake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment