Monday, December 3, 2018

Weekend trip to Seattle

The weekend after we got back from UT my nephew, Tyson, was with his school in Auburn for a choir competition. We decided to make a weekend out of it and go out there to listen to him sing and then explore the area a bit.

We left as soon as Trent got off work on Friday and headed the just over 3 hours to our hotel in Auburn. Hotels in that area are SO expensive, and with a family as big as ours it's hard to find a room to fit us all without having to get two rooms. I found a hotel that was kinda like a condo/townhouse. It was two rooms, two bathrooms, with a large living area and a kitchen. It was two levels with one bath and bedroom up stairs and the living area, kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom downstairs. Though it says it only slept 4, I knew we could all fit with a couple sleeping bags on the floor. It was a really good price too!  We decided we'd stay two nights and then come back Sunday morning.

Well, nothing ever works out the way we want it to or think that it will. Malia didn't sleep very well Friday night. Which in turn meant I didn't sleep well. When we woke up Hunter informed us that Andrew puked in his sleep on the floor. There were in fact some chunks on the floor. Though he didn't appear sick and it wasn't very much. Almost like he was coughing and spit some stuff up. But that always makes me nervous. Just the thought that someone might be sick makes me anxious. He ate breakfast just fine, and never complained about his tummy hurting. So off we went.

We went and listened to Tyson sing. Visited with him for just a bit and then went shopping. We found an outlet mall and spend a few hours in there. Hunter and Andrew went on a carousel ride. Trent took the kids on a 4D movie ride. I didn't think that it was scary, but Hanna was screaming so loud!  I waited with Malia just outside of the ride and could hear her perfectly. There was a screen on the outside of the ride so we could see what was going on inside. I couldn't help but snap a few pictures.



We picked up some pizza and went back to the hotel to eat and watch a movie. I jumped in the shower while they were watching the movie and I felt very strongly that we should pack up and head home right then.  Not spend another night. I thought it was weird. We'd already paid for the room. But I told Trent what I had felt and so we packed up and left. We drove the 3 hours home with all the kids peacefully sleeping in the back. Not the same drive we had out there with Malia screaming for 3 hours. I don't know why I felt so strongly that we should head back, but we never the less followed that prompting and went home.

Even with no sleep and a possibly sick kid we had a great time!

No comments: