I digress, where were we...any how, he was a challenging baby for me. And now he has evolved into the cutest two year old, a handsome little man, but a toddler none the less. He is getting himself into such trouble these days! Remember this post? Well, it continues each day. I had a conversation with Trent this morning, reminding him that Hunter is in fact NOT naughty! He is a toddler and doing just as a toddler should. Much like Hanna did at that age (as seen here and here). He too will grow out of it. Until then, we sure do have some fun stories to tell!
Notice hole in wall that opens to dining room....
Why yes, he did manage to unroll all the white ribbon.
This was all either right where he was sitting or on the side of the fridge. Thankfully he understands 'clean up' now.
These are my favorite:
Apparently I wasn't quick enough in cleaning up breakfast the other morning. He decided he'd put a little peanut butter on the leftover pancakes. (just for the record, the pancakes were sitting on a plate, he took them off and threw the plate on the floor) I LOVE that he was using the wrong end of the knife.
Too bad he wouldn't even eat his creation. Whole wheat oatmeal pancakes with chocolate chips and peanut butter, I'd call that a win! And in case you are wondering, I did not leave a plastic knife on the counter and a peanut butter jar opened. Where the knife came from I'm not entirely sure, and apparently he can take lids off now.
And now we come to today. Man what a day it has been. I'm pretty sure it started around 9 am. Carter started yelling "Hunter's in the bathroom!" I didn't really think much of it as he finds a way into the bathroom often. There is a baby lock on the knob, but sometimes the older kids leave it open, or he finds a way to bust it off. I told Carter to go find daddy as he was already upstairs and I was busy downstairs. I hear Carter yell "dad! Dad! Hunter is flooding the bathroom!" Trent went into the bathroom and yells "NO!" He hardly ever yells. I may have giggled when I heard what was happening. He was in the sink, had a cup and was filling up the cup and dumping it on the floor. When Trent went in and told him to stop, he looked at him, and then tossed the full cup of water at him.
About an hour later he pulled up chair to the window in the dining room, giving him access to the kitchen counter. There he found a bottle of syrup. Trent found him drinking it, but it was all over the counter as well, down the chair, messy messy messy.
A little after dinner he found his way up to the counter again. He went to a new cupboard this time. The skinny one to the left of the window. It holds all the spices. He found the almost full bottle of mint extract. My house smells nice and minty now. As I was cleaning up the mint extract he pulled out the garbage bag and dumped all the garbage all over the floor.
I sent him upstairs to go play with Carter and about 10 minutes later he wandered down the stairs in only his shirt. Pants off (they were a little wet from the mint extract) and diaper off. Yes, it has happened. Twice tonight he has removed his diaper. Given the chance he'd go without clothes, but a diaper is a must. Sigh! SO glad he's tucked into bed right now! He is one busy baby. And a cute one too, even with a boogery, messy face.
About an hour later he pulled up chair to the window in the dining room, giving him access to the kitchen counter. There he found a bottle of syrup. Trent found him drinking it, but it was all over the counter as well, down the chair, messy messy messy.
A little after dinner he found his way up to the counter again. He went to a new cupboard this time. The skinny one to the left of the window. It holds all the spices. He found the almost full bottle of mint extract. My house smells nice and minty now. As I was cleaning up the mint extract he pulled out the garbage bag and dumped all the garbage all over the floor.
I sent him upstairs to go play with Carter and about 10 minutes later he wandered down the stairs in only his shirt. Pants off (they were a little wet from the mint extract) and diaper off. Yes, it has happened. Twice tonight he has removed his diaper. Given the chance he'd go without clothes, but a diaper is a must. Sigh! SO glad he's tucked into bed right now! He is one busy baby. And a cute one too, even with a boogery, messy face.
5 comments:
363He really sounds a lot like Trent! Trent hauled a mop outside and jiggled the latch open on the gate and was a free toddler-man, out in the neighborhood. He was only about 18-20 months old. He used to push his crib over to the bunk beds, climb to the top of the bunks and wee! fly into the crib! it was as if he had no fear of anything! I'm sure Hunter will grow up all fine and handsome just like his daddy! Even at church people used to tell me to put him on drugs. But I knew better, he was just a hi energy very smart kid with all kinds of plans going on in his head! Your patience will pay big benefits, hang in there!
wow! Good luck to you! He sure is cute though!
Maybe you should put a row of spikes across the ledge of the window that leads to the kitchen, like they do to keep birds off of things. Just kidding :). It's a good thing kids are cute, otherwise there would be a whole lot of kids out of the streets.
Wow, just reading this makes me tired! So glad I won't have to deal with this again for a while...I hear everyone say that we will miss these days...I haven't had to deal with them for quite a long while and I don't miss them yet. Is that bad? :-)
You don't know me, but Katie Horrocks is my cousin and I stumbled across your blog tonight...it was exactly what I needed to read! I have an extremely busy 15 month old boy...who at times seems oddly different from all the other little ones his age, but after reading your posts, I think he is just a normal, high energy destructo boy! The days are tough and some are longer than others, thanks for sharing...I totally understand! Mine is my first boy and it has been an eye-opening experience thus far! It is certainly a good thing they are cute, that is a lifesaver for mine on a daily basis!
Post a Comment