Monday, March 29, 2010

Destroying Angel

Isn't she just so sweet...we really love this little girl!  I love how she has her kitty in a bear hug, and her blankie in her other hand.  She LOVE LOVES that kitty.  My mom found it at her house a few weeks ago and gave it to Hanna.  She has not gone anywhere without it since.  Kitty has it's own special chair at the table.  She has to give kitty hugs and kisses and put her down for a nap in my church bag when she goes to nursery cuz I won't let her take it with her, and as soon as I go get her she goes for her kitty.  It really is cute!  However.....this little girl has become quite the little destroyer and I don't know if I'm going to survive her.  Here's a review of Hanna's week:
*toothpaste fingerpainting ALL over the toy room, her clothes, herself...(not once, but twice)
*figured out how to open doors, that causes ALL sorts of new problems
*climbed out of her crib
*taking her wall stickers off (about 10 times, not kidding)
*dumped out her nice and organized hair elastics, TWICE in 10 mins (all 480 of them)
*dumped out the dog food...4 times
*climbed up the shelves in the laundry room (when she was supposed to be in time out) and got the lotion,    finger painted ALL OVER clean clothes, washer and dryer, tools, anything she could really
*dumped 2 bags of cereal out
*dug in the little cups that contained the starts for our garden (a few of them did survive)
*Poopy diapers removed...why must we play in it
*speaking of diapers....took diaper off and PEED in her bed! on her pillow, on her blankets, on her cheetah, nasty, gross!
*climbed up the counters and found the treats, then dumped them everywhere
*tore pages out of a book, one page at a time
*the $30 dog shampoo (remember he's got skin problems...darn dog!), dumped ALL over the carpet, her doll stroller, herself, MY wallet (where'd she get that?)  in my purse, all over the table.
*water, why do kids love water? dumped up in here room, all over the floor.  Which reminds me...WHERE did she get a cup of water?!
*fingernail polish remover, dumped at my moms house, all over her carpet and down the wall
*skin cancer cream, all over her lips, the floor, and her hands....no worries poison control says it's non toxic
*dogs bitter spray...cuz he likes to chew on things he shouldn't....dumped on the floor
*playing in the toilet, three times, one time WITH the toilet bowl scrub brush...gross, gross, gross.

I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out...I should be writing this stuff down so I remember it.  One might ask where I was when all this went down...I was cleaning up her previous mess, not kidding.

Let's just hope I survive another week!

11 comments:

Patti said...

Wow! That's an impressive list. Good luck. I guess now I know what I have to look forward to in a few more months.

Wendy said...

Oh dear!!!

We've done the diaper-off-pee-in-the-bed routine. Luckily, he didn't like it at all. It hasn't happened since. Hopefully you won't have to do that, either.

He's reached in & grabbed some poop before and it freaked him out, but I think he's curious enough to try again one of these days.

Erin said...

Holy Moly. I'm surprised she's survived enough to be a repeat offender on some of those. That is quite the list. Now that it's in writing maybe the two of you can laugh about it together someday. And she sure is cute!

steffany said...

After the medicine incidents on Saturday with Addy and Hannah-guess what we got to do that night... 8 hours in the emergency room with Addyson! She got into a bottle of tylenol with codeine, turns out she didn't get enough to make her sick, thank goodness.

Good luck to you!

Marie said...

Janel, why are you trying to terrify me?! I'm having my first baby in 5 months and you reveal all this to me! Ahhhh!

Kayla said...

Oh my goodness! That's a lot of trouble for one little girl. I thought Shelby was bad! They really do a lot of the same things though. Shelby peed on the couch last week then sprayed it with bleach and amazingly, it didn't actually bleach it. She knows how to open the child-proof lock things on the cabinets so she got under the sink and got out the bleach spray bottle and the windex as well.

Answer to Many said...

http://www.sugardoodle.info/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6002

I don't have your email so I thought I would post this here. I thought it might make a good idea for a monthly activity.

Kristin said...

whoa! i guess i'll be grateful for our little mishaps.

Roberts Family said...

Janel, I completely understand. I wrote about a similar day about a year and a half ago. It is somewhere in our blog, I'll have to find it for you, that day included permanent marker on the floor, couch, lamp shade, piano keys and table and that wasn't all that happened!! I'm convinced they come into this world cute, sweet and innocent so we are already attached by the time this age comes. She really is so so cute though!

Susan said...

So sorry...and that's all I got. Good luck!

The Gubler Family said...

Wow! That brings back memories of my Jenny. I am so glad Katie is not like that. We almost quit having kids after Jenny because of days like that. I think Heavenly Father knew I needed a break and sent me Katie.