Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bye bye crib.....

Well, it's official, Hanna can now climb out of her crib.  The crib is no longer serving it's purpose of keeping her contained so it must go, mostly so she doesn't hurt herself climbing in and out of it.  Ahhh, sigh, guess I can't keep her my little baby forever! And yes, I almost cried.  Oh, and she's figured out door knobs this week too.  She just didn't care for the longest time, well, that's over with now too and I've got to go get more childproof handles (except she knows how to take them off) so she'll stay out of places she's not supposed to be in.

Such a big helper!  She was SO excited to have a big girl bed.
In case you couldn't tell by that smile....she LOVES it.
And I'd have to say she did pretty well for the first night.  I was so scared to take her out of her crib because she goes to bed so easily, I didn't want to stop that.  She only got up once.  I let her cry for about 10 mins then went in and put her back to bed.  I asked her if she wanted a nightlight in her room since there wasn't one, she told me she did.  So I went and took one out of another room and stuck it in hers.  She immediately told me it was a scary monster and she didn't want it!  A few weeks ago she had a nightlight in her room and she kept telling me there was a monster in there.  Well, I being the wise mom told her that there was no monster and to go to sleep.  After her nap I went in to get her and she insisted that there was a monster in her room, I told her to show me.  She took me to the nightlight, and in a very scared voice said, right here is monster!  Silly baby.  She fell out of her bed once last night, and after I put her to bed the second time she did great.  At nap time today she did good too.  She got up once, I let her cry for about 10mins and then went back in told her it was nap time and laid her back down, and she's out cold now. I did however have to put a childproof door knob thing over he door knob to keep her in there.  I just hope she keeps doing well.  I don't like my sleep or quiet time interrupted!

8 comments:

Rappleye Family said...

WOW! She has grown up. How old is she now? FUN! Good job on scaring away the monsters

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

Tasha...I miss you!! Hows life? We need to have another game night. Oh, and she turned 2 in Jan, crazy ha!

Anonymous said...

They grow up so fast! Think about the cute princess stuff you can get now!

Erin said...

She and Bentley have the same Houdini escape talents. I'm so glad I got to see you guys yesterday! Hanna even gave me a kiss goodbye!

Kayla said...

Shelby did the same thing with a night light! I thought it would help because I was afraid of the dark when I was little. She definitely does better without it. That's awesome that Hanna has adjusted to the big bed so well! Shelby won't nap in her room is my only problem. So she naps in a room downstairs in the port-a-crib where there are no toys to distract her.

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for both your comments, I'll send a message via facebook!

Roberts Family said...

She sounds like she is doing great with the transitioning into a big bed - my almost 3 year old still has a hard time!!

Jesse said...

I love Trent's expression in the first pic.