It seems everywhere the little man goes he leaves a wake of destruction in his path. The walls around his highchair are nasty dirty, I scrub them down after I wash him up. If he happens to get into the bathroom, oh man, what a mess he will make. Depending on what bathroom he makes it into of course. The main bathroom; little cups and the toilet, he is fascinated with water and if there is water to be found, he will find it. He will empty the toilet bowl of all its water, and maybe even dip a toothbrush into it and suck the water out of the toothbrush. One day one of the dear children that reside in this house didn't flush. Yup, you guessed it. Poopy toilet water. (I so am not even making this up!) Could there possibly be anything more gorse! Okay, maybe. One afternoon he found dog poop that didn't get picked up in the back yard and played with that. So I sent him upstairs to the tub, I was in the middle of making dinner. Seems everything goes wrong when I'm busy making dinner. I sent Carter up with him to keep an eye on him. Bad choice. They flooded the bathroom. And then proceeded to used e.v.e.r.y. towel we own to clean it up. Not even kidding. It took 3 loads of laundry to wash them all. AND I had just spent all day doing laundry. I wanted to sit down and cry. I was totally defeated for the day. Oh, hold on, the toilet just flushed upstairs and Hunter is the only one up there....no worries, the toilet still has all it's water in it, but the tooth brushes are another story. Man, how did I miss that one...anyway, back to the story, well how about some pictures of his messes:
The desk happens to be his favorite spot. He climbs up and tosses EVERYTHING off. Disks, pens, papers, web cam, microphone (cuz we're still ghetto like that) And yes, he has no pants on, he walked out of them somewhere. See that box next to the desk? It holds all the recycling papers in it. I have gone through it at least once a day for a month just to make sure he's not tossed anything in it he shouldn't. He found a sharpie and wrote all over the desk, I didn't even know that there was a sharpie on the desk. Sigh.
I've moved the chair so he can't climb onto the desk, he somehow still finds a way up. One week I was cleaning up this mess 3+ times a day, thankfully it has tapered to just once a day.
If he finds a bag sitting out, the contents will be strewn all over the floor before you even realize he's not in the same room as you any more.
Some days I feel like I go from one disaster to the next, just picking up after him. He is one BUSY baby. 6 months ago he could barley walk, now he runs faster than I can keep up with him.
What? You're supposed to eat the cracker? No, all he wants is the peanut butter middle.
A whole 6 crackers and all he did was lick the middle out of it. That's all he ever does. Haven't figure out why he still asks for crackers when he obviously only wants the peanut butter.
4 comments:
I always wanted a padded room with a locked door and a one way mirror for my children. I also wanted a ladder that went over the ceiling and a rock climbing wall in this padded room. That may be an idea for you good luck!
Is it bad to put your kid on a leash while he's inside the house?
That sounds just like LYSSA!
Oh how I don't miss these days. Seeing the pictures reminds me and I shutter....only cause I know they are coming again, boys are the worst at this.
Post a Comment