I was making dinner, after sending the kids upstairs. I could hear Hunter playing in his room, I didn't think in a million years that playing in his room could mean trouble! AND I could still hear him. His room is full of toys. So when he came downstairs looking like this:
I knew there was trouble! He had such a nice smell to him, I knew right off what he had been into. However I had no idea how he could have gotten the baby powder. I keep it up on a shelf ABOVE the dresser/changing table. How on earth did he get it? I NEVER leave it out, it's not something we use all that often, I was given a little bottle--1.5ozs--when he was born and it was mostly full. At that moment I knew I should laugh about it, but I just wanted to cry. Is nothing safe! Oh the mess that must be upstairs! So I grabbed my camera while it was still cute and snapped a few pictures of him, BEFORE going up to see the damage.
So, how'd he get up there?
See the lamp is turned on and tipped over, sure signs he was up there. Seriously how did he climb up there!
We'll let Carter show us:
The tubs I keep clothes in (some he has out grown and some he's still growing into) the tub on the bottom is just a little bit bigger than the one on the top, there is about two inches sticking out in front. Well, little baby used it as a ladder to get to what he wanted. The most amazing part, not only did he make it up there and played for who knows how long, but he came back down without falling! Never, never would I have thought that he'd climb those tubs.(PS--Carter saw him coming down that is how he knew)
And oh the mess. What a mess! Baby powder is so not fun to clean up.
It was everywhere! In his bed, on the floor, all over the tubs, on the shelf, on the wall, under the changing pad, in his drawers that were the slightest bit open, it was in the closet, all the way down the hall...you get the picture. I looked all over for the bottle of baby powder, before cleaning up the mess, so as to make sure baby couldn't find it and make an even bigger mess before I could get this all cleaned up. I gave up after 10 mins. I found it when I started cleaning up his room, still on the shelf. (insert eye roll here!)
Lessons learned;
1-NEVER try to make dinner without baby screaming at your legs
2-just cuz you can hear him doesn't mean he's not getting into things
3-never, never underestimate the will of said toddler, if he wants it he'll find a way to get it
4-baby powder will make your house smell nice and fresh for 3 days
5-after using the vacuum to clean up the baby powder, expect your vacuum to spew a little powder every time you turn it on for the next few times
6-always take a picture
That was on Wednesday night. Fast forward now with me to Friday morning. I am sitting at the computer downstairs paying bills and I can hear Hunter upstairs yelling his version of 'stuck.' I let him yell for a minute seeing if he'd work out his problem. When the yelling continued I grabbed the camera and headed upstairs and found this:
I moved those tubs so he couldn't use them as a ladder, he moved them back. I put the baby powder where he couldn't see it, he found it. No worries though, the baby powder is gone now.
Lesson learned;
GET THE TUBS OUT OF HIS ROOM!
It's a good thing he's so darn cute!
6 comments:
How can you get upset at that ADORABLE smile and face?!?! But oh man what a mess!!!
Oh my goodess!!! Well if Carter saw him come down, why didn't he run and tell ya??
good grief! he sure is persistent!
so fun to see their brain working. So frustrating to clean up after it.
That is so ADORABLY CUTE!!! & I LOVE your blog!! :D
They come cute for that very reason. I learned to take pictures first also and that would give me some extra moments to be more calm. It does get harder to do this however the older they get.
Post a Comment