Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Just in case I forget....

This morning after breakfast I was sitting here in my chair doing a little blog stalking, in the kitchen I could hear that Carter was getting into the dishwasher. "Carter," I yell, "get out of the dishwasher, that is not a place for Carter to play." He doesn't respond. "Carter, you've got two choices here, listen and obey or go to time out." Still no response. So the counting starts, he has till the count of three to make his choice and then it's a time out. Then came the response "Mom, that's what kids are supposed to do, not listen." HA! The workings of this kids mind cracks me up! The last couple of weeks when he's doing something he's not supposed to do, but very age appropriate, like making a huge mess, he'll say "but that's what kids are supposed to do, they're supposed to make messes." I guess I just need to be reminded every once in a while what a kid is "supposed to do."

4 comments:

Corky said...

Too funny! Where did he learn "what kids are supposed to do?"

Jenny said...

I love him! Provo and "That's what kids are supposed to do" what a bright little guy! Cafe Rio of course and why haven't we? Please enjoy that amazing discount at Papa John's honestly is there any pizza that is better? Besides the costco snack bar ;)

Love you I will keep you posted about this last little ride of being preggie...I love that Provo can fit in his little palm and at the same time catch up to a car driving down the road

Chad & Angela Nuttall said...

That's awesome! I love it!!! He's far too cute for his own good! I think it is facinating to learn about how kids think the way they do, and they responses they have. It just cracks me up. I am taking a whole class on that this semester and I am WAY excited!! Miss you guys!

mrs. m said...

HAHA! Trini always tells us that kids don't have to listen to their parents. This girl is a little devil I tell you!