Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Trent and Carter

Trent left May 23rd for WLC (warrior leader course) out at Camp Williams. Carter has missed his daddy so much since he's been gone! The Sunday after he left he came into the kitchen when he got up and said "I miss my daddy!" When Trent first left I didn't think that we would see him until June 7th when he got home, but he called and told us that we could go out to see him in the evenings when they were done with classes. Carter was SO excited to see his daddy! Trent came marching down the street in formation and Carter RAN to him and jumped in his arms. He was so excited to see him and hold him, mostly to play with him. Trent threw him up in the air....Carter loves to "fly," chased him, and tackled him. All those things that mommy just won't do. When it was time to go Carter told Trent to get into the car, when he didn't get in he got very sad. It was at that moment that I decided I don't want to resign, that would require another deployment, and I don't think I can handle that, and it would be very hard on the kids. But we still haven't made a final decesion yet.



After I took the top picture, another picture came to my mind...this one. Trent was able to come home on leave for 15 days, Carter was 6 months old. This was the last time Trent saw Carter until he was 14 months old, when he came home from Iraq.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I don't know how you do it. I am not nearly a strong as you are. I have a heart attack if David isn't home by like 6:30.

Kayla said...

That's so sweet! It brings tears to my eyes.

Chad & Angela Nuttall said...

What a cute little daddy's boy! Those pictures totally made me cry...shocker i know...you are amazing!!