End of school year
Carter was in 2nd grade, and his teacher was Mrs Murray. He really enjoyed being in her class! He was well liked by his classmates, good at all the sports he tried to play, and was really bright. In the Spring his teacher had him tested for the gifted and talented program (GATE), he made it in and really enjoyed learning new things there.
Hanna was in Mrs McBride's kindergarten class. It was an all day kindergarten, it took a few weeks for her to adjust to being in school all day long but she got the hang of it and LOVED it! She loved going to school each day, loved being able to eat lunch at school, loved riding the bus, she loved her teacher, loved her bus driver, and loved the many new friends she met in her class. So many new things to experience and she truly enjoyed it all!
The end of school brought with it lots of different 'programs' that I needed to attend. I totally spaced off one of Carter's presentations, I felt horrible when he came home and I remembered that I had forgot. He had his awards ceremony in his class, then Hanna had hers, and then he was in his grades spelling bee. There were 15 kids in the spelling bee, he made it 9 rounds. The word he got out on was brilliant. He forgot the second 'i'. And he knew he made a mistake as soon as he did it. I was so proud of him! It was heart breaking to watch some of those kids cry when they got out. I was kinda glad when it was the last day and I no longer had programs to attend, there were so many I was forgetting about them all.




No comments:
Post a Comment