Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The 6 Month Old

I figured that since Andrew will be 7 months next week I'd better document the 6 month mark.  He hasn't had his 6 month check up and most likely won't. Military medical is a PAIN to say the least.  I called the first part of May to schedule his appointment for June, hoping to get something the first part of the month.  They had no appointments available, I was told to call back.  The appointment line is horrible, I waited on hold for 30 mins (which is pretty normal) just to be told to call back because their schedule was full.  Whatever, I'll try back.  I called back and they said they had something for the 5th of June.  Perfect.  I asked who the provider was, no one we had seen.  So I asked if we could see one of the providers that we had already seen.  I was told it was not possible.  Gah!  So frustrating!  Andrew has seen 5 different providers.  I'd just like to keep ONE and see the same one each time.  How hard could it be?! I decided to call back another day to see if the provider I wanted to see would have appointments at a later date.  (they can only see so many weeks at a time...or so I've been told) I called back a week later, still in May, and now they only had 1 appointment for June 24th, and not with a provider that we had already seen.  Fine, whatever, we'll take it.  Well, today was supposed to be the appointment but Hanna woke up with a bit of a fever and it is quite the walk into the peds office and she just didn't look to good.  So I sent her back to bed, at 8:30 am it's now 3 and she's still sleeping, and I called to cancel the appointment and try to reschedule it. What a joke.  They only have the schedule out till July 21 and there is only 1 appointment available, on July 17th, and we won't be here.  I'm pretty much done, I have no intentions of taking my kids back there unless it's a same day appointment because they are sick.  What a headache!


So I don't have Andrew's weight, but he is still a chunky little man with rolls on his arms and legs and chubby little cheeks. Just a little butter ball!  He is a picky little guy.  He HATES to nurse covered up, he'd just assume not eat then eat covered up and will go long hours not eating if we are out. And don't even try to give him formula, he will vomit till he is throwing up bile.  Something about it just doesn't sit well with him, we've tried 5 different kinds. He will still only nurse upstairs in either my room or his.  He LOVES Trent and gets so excited when he sees him.  He loves to sit up on the floor and play with toys. He loves the neighbors dogs.  He loves to sit outside in the grass, well, he just loves being outside.  If he is screaming inside, just take him out the door and he'll instantly quiet down. We're still working on the sleeping thing. I've really tried to sleep train him with little results.  But we are still working on it.  We've started to feed him solids with very little success. He really doesn't like it.  He'll spit out whatever we try to feed him and make the silliest faces. He has tired rice cereal, avocado, bananas, pears, carrots, and I let him suck on a peach one day, which he actually did like until I put a chunk into his mouth.  He LOVES paper.  He'll crinkle it up and promptly eat it.  He only takes 45 min naps, which I hope will change when he gets to sleeping better at night.  He'll be up for an hr then want to sleep for 45 mins then up for an hour then sleep for 45 mins....all day long.  He is loved by so many people.  At church there is always many willing hands to take him, and I appreciate it so much, I am able to teach my class knowing he is in good hands.  His hair just kills me!  It sticks straight up at the crown of his head, but is so thin and wispy.  We sure love him. I could kiss his cheeks all day long!


Andrew's first taste of solid food

1 comment:

Roberts Family said...

I can't believe it's been 6 months! He is changing so much, I can see little bits of each of the others in him and those cheeks are perfect for chewing! Sorry about the yucky sleep patterns, hope they change soon :-)