Thursday, January 6, 2011

Baby Boy is here!

After a very long 10hr labor, baby made his entrance into the world through an epidural that had worn off...call me a wimp...but WOW, that hurt!  Baby was face up during labor which made things go so so slow.

He had a little trouble right after he was born, as a result of me not being able to push him out fast enough.  The nurse almost bagged him, but the respiratory therapist disagreed and quickly got him screaming.  Even before they weighed him the nurses were trying to guess his weight, the respiratory therapist guessed 8lbs 4.5 ozs.....

I don't know how well you can see that, but it says 8lbs 4.6ozs, he was just about dead on.  They just rounded it up to 8lbs 5ozs. 


I've got better pictures on my camera that I'll put up later.  He's got tons of hair, and it's blonde at the roots with brown tips.  And it just amazes me how much he looks like Hanna when she was born.
Oh, maybe you want to know a name....he's had about 5 in the last two days, but the one that we are liking the best is Hunter Blair Lyman.  Hunter is my maiden name and Blair is Trent's dad's name.  It wasn't a name I liked at first, I think it gets confusing when you are talking about "the Hunters"  or just Hunter, but I like it for him, and Trent loves it.  We'll see if he comes home in the morning with that name :)

Oh yeah, there are some pictures here click on "view photos"  password: 0105babyboylyman  They will only be viewable for two weeks and then they'll be gone....unless of course we decide to buy some then I'll post them up, we shall see, they are so darn cute, but SO expensive!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

He's adorable!! Congrats! I hope you're recovering well Janel.
The CD seems like a killer deal! $135 for all your photos and full printing rights.

Jesse said...

YAY for HUNTER!!! That was my vote so I hope it sticks, you're lucky you have a last name that can be a first name....I think naming my son Glass would be kind of mean :)

Melissa and James said...

Congrats! He is a cutie and I love the hospital pics!

Corky said...

Oh man, he is a cutie!! I love his hair! Congratulations Janel! I wanna come and visit you, so if you a chance (with 3 kiddos now, that might be never) will you email me your address and phone number so that we can stop by? Gotta hold that baby! Much love!

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

Way to go Momma!! He is so cute! Please let me know if I can do anything for you when you guys get home!

Cheree said...

He is so handsome! And all that hair! Congratulations! 2 boys and a girl--the perfect family (just sayin' :-).

Roberts Family said...

Congratulations Janel!! Sounds like my labor with Treyson, face up and epidural wearing off!! Crazy things that happen. He is beautiful and looks so much like Hanna. Wow. Nice work! Please let us know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

congrats! He does look like Hannah and I am sure will be just as cute

Katie said...

So cute! Have you decided on a name yet? Collin went 3 days with out a name. I thought that Hunter Blair was nice but I understand what you mean about the confusion, Hope you are all doing well and adjusting to the new life!

Rappleye Family said...

CONGRATS JANEL!