Monday, June 15, 2009

Got to love this kid....


Carter keeps us laughing all the time with the things he says and repeat...here are a couple conversations I've had with him in the last few weeks....

We were all over at my moms house one evening, my brother was there with his three boys who are 7 and twins that are 5. Carter and his cousins were outside jumping on the trampoline when I hear Carter SCREAMING, like he'd just been killed. Usually I ignore his cries, I like him to work things out on his own, unless of course I can tell that he is hurt. So I jump of from the table and run outside to see what is going on. The four boys are on the tramp, Carter is crying, I get to him and try to find out what happened. Through tears and from the other boys I came up that somehow he got poked in the eye. Not a very hard thing to do, four boys jumping on a tramp, arms flying all over, eh not a big deal. I tell Carter that maybe he needs to come in and take a brake as he is hysterical. I take him off the tramp and carry him inside the house. As I'm walking in the house holding him I tell him I'm sure it was just an accident, you were all on the tramp having fun. To which he responds, through great gasping sobs...."Their tryin' to kill me!!" Seriously?! Where does this stuff come from? I almost dropped him I started laughing so hard! Where does he come up with this stuff!

Well, this one I know where he got.....Friday afternoon my sister Jamie and I were in the car driving back to my moms house with the kids. From the back seat Carter yells "stupid car!" we've had the talk about not saying stupid before. So I thought now was a good time to remind him....
mom: Carter we don't say stupid. It's a mean word. Say silly car instead.
Carter: Well, some people just need to learn how to drive!
Jamie and I looked at each other and just died laughing!! Yes...I'm sure that is something that has come out of my mouth a time or two, and I got it from my dad :)

We love you Carter, thanks for keeping our lives full of laughter!

1 comment:

Eric and Jodi Eames said...

Ha ha your kids are so dang cute!!
I have adored being in primary with Carter. He is such a good combination of brilliant and funny. I think the best part is most the time he dosen't even know how hilarious he is...well the other small percentage of the time I'm sure he knows just how funny he is being... definatly NOT a dumb kid :) I hope my kids someday are that cool.