Friday, May 15, 2009
What's so bad about Roosevelt
Ok peeps it is time for you to make you opinions known. Janel and I have a possible dilemma to solve. Of the few nursing jobs that are available in Utah there is one available at a small hospital in Provo doing normal floor nurse stuff and there is an ER position in Roosevelt. We want all of your thoughts and reason's why one is better than the other. My thoughts are I really want to be an ER nurse and none of the big hospitals will hire you unless you have a couple of years of experience in the ER. Janel's dilemma is that Roosevelt is still barbaric because the nearest Target is 2.5 hours away in SLC. It will be nice to hear from non Utahites since they are all breed with a distaste for the uintah basin it seems. :) I have a feeling I am going to lose in this vote since most of the people who read this blog are girls and will automatically side with Janel :( Happy Voting!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm split on this...if you need the experience at a smaller hospital to get an ER position at a larger hospital, then a few years in Roosevelt could be worth it. Then again, there would have to be tons of adjustments with your family...bulk buying and lack of ease to get to a store quickly...but the kids would love how much open space is available to play. It's a tough call. I guess you could always look outside of Utah and maybe a smaller hospital will still allow you to be in closer range of a Target and whatnot...Good luck!
Wow Trent...do you know what you are asking? You want Janel to move that far from a Target?
Besides the distance it could be way fun. She does say she likes to travel so it could be exciting for her to drive 2.5 hours to Target. Carter could pee outside till his heart's content. We had a BIG culture shock moving out of UT Valley to the "sticks" and not having a major store of ANY kind within a mile distance. Just like Emily said you have to change how you shop and PLAN ahead!(very hard to do with kids) It's always nice to venture out and try new things and I guess the work experience would be good too! Also lots of hospitals are having hiring freezes right now so that's great you have options!
P.S.
This advice is coming from someone that has never ever been to Roosevelt or even heard of it.
Oh James sides with Roosevelt He wanted to work in the ER as well. But either way you do have a hard decision. Good Luck it's hard to make decesions it kind of stinks sometimes.
I am from Vernal-30 miles from Roosevelt and it is a nice "little" town with pretty nice people-but I would say I wouldn't work at that hospital personally-I have my own reasons-you would be 30 minutes from Wal-mart but if you decide to take it you could always live in Vernal and commute everyday-I like the basin but I have my issuses with that hospital :)
I grew up in a small town and I like small towns (not really wild about Vernal though). I think it's nice to be a kid in a small town because you can explore and have freedom you can't have in a big city. It's not a good place to be a teenager because it gets so boring.
Post a Comment