Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day Tag

I thought this was a fun tag. I love reading other peoples answers, so if you too want to do this fun little tag, go for it! I did this for my facebook account, and loved it so much I thought I'd post it here too for all my non-facebook readers.
1. How long have you been together?
5 1/2 years, married for 4 1/2

2. How long did you know each other before you started dating?
About 3 months, we worked together.

3. Who asked who out?
He asked me out, I would never have done such a thing. I wasn't interested in dating, I had just gotten home from the mission and was content to never get married. He has just broken up with his girlfriend, they'd been together for a few years, and when I say JUST broken up I mean the day before. He had stayed at work for like 3 hours after his shift ended. Of course I knew his girlfriend broke up with him, it was all over work. But I really didn't care. So at 11pm when my shift ended (we both were checkers at Albertsons) I went out to go home and he was sitting on his motorcycle drinking some juice. I looked at him and said (no joke) "quite whining about your girlfriend and go home!" I'm not so sure he heard me because he just looked and me and said, ha. So rethinking that statement I started chatting with him. The next day was 4th of July, he asked me what I was doing after work...a big old nothing....so he asked if we wanted to "hang out." And that's what we did for like 6 months, I was in such denial....I wasn't dating!

4. How old are each of you?
I am 28, and he will be 28 in April.

5. Whose siblings do you see the most?
Mine for sure, but we'd love to see more of his!

6. Do you have children together?
Two, boy 3 1/2 and girl 13 months

7. What about pets?
Nope, none. But one day we will (when we have a house and not a ghetto apartment!)

8. Did you go to the same school?
Nope.

9. Are you from the same town?
Nope. I'm from Orem, Trent is from a small town in California, Susanville. It's about 80 miles north east of Reno.

10. Who is the smartest?
It depends on what it is about....somethings I am and other things for sure him!

11. Who is the most sensitive?
We were totally talking about this yesterday...HE is!

12. Where do you eat out most as a couple?
hmmm....we love food....

13. Where is the farthest place you have traveled as a couple?
Hawaii

14. Who has the craziest exes?
Him for sure, as I don't have any. However, I don't really know if I could call them crazy, they are still friends and that's okay with me!

15. Who has the worst temper?
Hate to say it....ME

16. Who does most of the cooking?
I guess that depends on the time of the day. He usually makes breakfast, as I HATE the morning and I'd call a bowl of cereal breakfast, but he likes something a little more substantial. I however always make dinner, unless we want to eat hamburger helper every night. Yuck!

17. Who is more social?
We are both really social.

18. Who is the neat freak?
I LOVE to have a clean neat house, but have kinda given up with kids around and only allow myself to get crazy cleaning once a week. I would just waste my time doing it more, the kids would have it a disaster in seconds otherwise. We live in such a tight space for 4 people and all the crap that comes with them. Every now and then Trent goes crazy and cleans like mad, he can clean all he wants!

19. Who is more stubborn?
oh...I'd have to say me!

20. Who hogs the bed?
Him for sure! We have a king sized bed....I pretty much hug the side and he goes from side to side.

21. Who wakes up earlier?
He usually does.

22. Where was your first date?
I guess that depends on what you call a first date (see #3). I would never call us "dating" just hanging out. So the first time we "hung out" we watched the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire. Then went back to my house to watch a movie (I actually MADE my sister stay and watch the movie with us!)

23. Who has the bigger family?
We come from the same size of family (5 kids), however, with spouses and grandkids, his is bigger.

24. Do you get flowers often?
uhh, twice since we've been together, oh no, 3 times.

25. How do you spend the holidays?
We spilt Thanksgiving between the families, one year mine, the next his. His family usually has a Christmas party before Christmas as his brother goes to California for Christmas. So we always spend Christmas with my family. It works out perfectly!

26. Who is more jealous?
Probably me.

27. Who does the laundry?
He's always happy to help....but to keep things the way I like them, I always do the laundry. However if he's home when I'm folding the laundry he always helps me. He's the best!

28. Who is better with the computer?
Him for sure!

29. Who drives when you are together?
He does, I like it that way!

30. Is your family still growing?
I guess that depends on your definition of "growing". Are our kids still young? Yes. Will our family grow; as in have more kids.....uhhh, I don't know if I can answer that question right now. Carter is currently throwing the biggest tantrum!

Happy Valentine's Day to my good husband! I love you!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I tagged you on my blog. Sorry for another tag.

I liked this one, I'll have to do it in the future.

Erin said...

So cute. You guys are perfect for each other!