They came into town Saturday afternoon. We hung out and the kids played most of the day. Sunday was Father's day. We went to church, had a yummy dinner with cheesecake for dessert. After dinner we went on a little walk around Manson Bay. We stopped to chat with the boat rental place, just to see how much it would be to rent a boat. Next thing we knew we had one reserved for the next morning.
Monday we packed coolers full of food and hit the water. We spent from 10 till about 2 on the water. We rented a pontoon boat so there was plenty of seating for us all. We tried to take it up lake but there were so many dead logs floating down lake that it seemed a little dangerous so we turned back. The water was freezing but that didn't stop the kids from jumping right in. The kids went out on the tube and swam in the freezing water. The further up lake we were the colder and more windy it was, back toward Manson Bay it was warmer, at one point feeling hot. After boating we went to Manson Bay to swim for a little bit.
![]() |
| Malia was completely unimpressed with her life jacket! |
On Tuesday we spent the morning relaxing. Jamie and I went into Chelan to go shopping. Then in the afternoon we hit up Slidewaters. That was a blast! My friend convinced me to go on one of the water slides with her. I don't even know how long it's been since I went on a water slide, we laughed so hard. Then Hanna wanted me to go with her. It was a super fun afternoon!
Wednesday was their last day with us. We decided to go to Leavenworth since they would be headed that way to go to Seattle to visit some friends. We really hadn't been to Leavenworth, except driving though, so I was excited to go. We first stopped at Smallwoods, a little petting zoo and farmers market. It was so fun! The goats are always a hoot. They would take your bag of feed right out of your hands if you got close enough. We had our friend, Monroe, with us. Her family was out of town so she hung out with us for the day.
After Smallwoods we went into Leavenworth. What a cute little Bavarian town! I totally want to go back and wander shops when I don't have kids in tow. We didn't end up staying near as long as I would have liked. Malia was GRUMPY and we had to get Monroe back so she could get to work. Though I had promised the kids we'd go to Coldstone, as it's the closest one to us, still over an hour away. It was a tasty treat and the perfect way to end our warm adventure.
![]() |
| She was not happy with our outing! |
![]() |
| She finally fell asleep, but was so sweaty. She only slept for 10 mins. |






No comments:
Post a Comment