Friday, January 18, 2019

June Pictures

Just 6 more months to blog about then I'll be all caught up!

Cell phone cameras are awesome for catching some of life's little moments that you want to remember. Here are the little moments from June:

One afternoon I heard Hunter, Andrew, and a neighbor girl just laughing outside. I didn't know what they were doing, but I knew that they were running around the house. I happened to walk out into the garage and saw this:

The garage was soaked!  One group had a hose from the back spraying in, and the others had a hose in front spraying to the back, though the door that they'd open and close. The drywall was soaked in spots. Good thing it hot outside and was able to dry it out. Though, I was not very happy about it.

Carter got a hold of my phone one day. I found a few pictures that looked like this on it:

This was Hunter's Father's Day paper he filled out in Primary. Trent was at AT, so I took a picture of it and sent it to him. I thought it was super cute!

Our next door neighbors were gone for a couple months. They were out cursing around British Columbia on their yacht before they sold it. They asked us to pick their strawberries while they were gone. Everyday Andrew and Trent would go out to the strawberry patch and bring in arm fulls, or in Andrew's case, shirt fulls, of strawberries. It became something he did multiple times a day. After washing many shirts stained with strawberries I convinced him to go out with a bowl instead of using his shirt. That kid LOVES to be out in the garden picking whatever might be ready.

That was one mornings haul of strawberries. We had a hard time picking them all, there were so many, and they were so tasty!

One afternoon I stepped out the backdoor and noticed the basil and cilantro plants that I had just planted had been cut all the way down. I was so mad! I was so looking forward to fresh cilantro and basil. I asked the kids what happened, thinking maybe they little boys cut it down and it was in the house ready to eat. Andrew promptly responded 'Dale came and cut it down and buried it out in the corn.' Sure he did. Dale is our neighbors grandpa, he flies the helicopter around (often tossing candy out the window to the kids), he's in the bishopric in our ward, and part of the England family who we spend most Sundays with at Family dinner. I busted up laughing! I'm pretty certain two little boys cut it down and buried it out in the corn. My plants never came back enough for me to use. Though Dale got a pretty good laugh at being accused of such a crime.


Hanna has had this wart on her foot for almost a year, maybe longer. It had started to bother her a lot so we decided that we'd have to go in and have it burnt off. Trent was taking the older 3 kids backpacking and she'd be doing a lot of hiking so we wanted to give it plenty of time to heal before then. She decided that Trent could burn it off for her. We we made an appointment and went into the clinic. Truth be told, Trent was pretty excited to play with the liquid nitrogen. Hanna knew that it might hurt just a little bit and started to get really nervous. She wanted Trent to put some numbing cream on it first....there is no such thing...He had her lay on her stomach so he could see the bottom of her foot, but then she started to thrash around so the MA had to come help hold her foot down. Oh my did she scream. When it was over and we were walking out she said 'that actually wasn't that bad.' One would have never guessed from the screaming! She is happy to report that it worked and the wart was gone in a few weeks. (I forgot an after picture....it turned black then fell off)
And now some pictures of Malia:
 This little girl is obsessed with looking at herself on cells phones, thus loving to take selfies. She even figured out how to take a picture if she is holding the phone. If ever she is grumpy we just hand her the cell phone turned onto selfie mode and she instantly is happy.

 Her hair often stood straight up!

 She had such an amazing bald spot! Because she had so much hair it was very noticeable. Thankfully it filled in when she started to sit up more.
She started to sit up a little more this month and she loved it!

No comments: