My parents flew in on Saturday morning. The 45 min flight from Seattle to Wenatchee was super turbulent and made my mom so sick. She spent all day Saturday sleeping off the motion sickness. They stayed till Tuesday morning. It was so fun to have them here for a few days!
I found Malia's dress on Amazon. It was so pretty, however I couldn't dress her in it and then buckle her into her car seat. I dressed her when we got to church. My dear visiting teaching companion, Laurie, helped me get her dressed.
I figured the circle would be pretty small, Trent, his dad, my dad, and the bishop. Much smaller than any of the others as none of our other family or close friends were there. I was surprised when a few of the friends in our ward that we've become close to went up to join in the circle. I didn't even notice Trent invite them to join, but he did. He's a total introvert so that is unexpected for him. These few friends have become our WA family. We have dinner with them every Sunday. It's a pretty big group, right around 50 people. But we love it! We love having people around. So what I thought was going to be a little circle was filled with family and friends that we've come to love, it was a sweet little moment for me. Reminding me that we aren't alone anywhere we go.
After the blessing we enjoyed a yummy dinner of smoked tri-tip and baked potatoes and then went over to family dinner for dessert later in the evening. Our bishop's wife is from Declo and my mom really wanted to visit with her as my mom's grandparents are both from this tiny ID town.
I wish I had gotten more pictures, but it was the furthest thing from my mind. We had to put Malia back in her dress at home to even get pictures, and she was not thrilled with that at all. We couldn't get a good picture, either she was facing the wrong way or one of us wasn't looking at the camera. Oh well! At least the day is somewhat documented.


1 comment:
That dress is gorgeous and the hair band looks so beautiful on her. She is changing so much already in just the past couple months. So glad your parents and in-laws could come and you have a wonderful ward family surrounding you all. Love all the pictures...those are real life! :)
Post a Comment