We had newborn pictures taken of Malia when she was 12 days old. The same photographer who did our fall family pictures came to the house and spent a couple of hours here. She had asked us to over feed Malia so that she'd be sleepy. Malia didn't wan't to cooperate, she didn't want to eat just before we started. However, she was really good for the photo shoot and I LOVE how the pictures of her turned out. SO wish I had done this with all the kids!
It was impossible to chose my very favorite one, they all were so cute! It helps when you've got such a beautiful model.
The morning that we had the pictures taken was also a morning of basketball games. Hanna had a game at 10am and Carter had a game at 1. We started pictures about 10:30. I knew I wanted some pictures of all of the kids together so as soon as Hanna got home from her game I had her quickly change and do her hair. Malia was now starting to get hungry, so we took a little break to feed her and get everyone else ready. I told Hunter to go put on something handsome, he did a great job picking out a nice outfit! He even did his own hair.
I wasn't near as thrilled as how the group shots turned out, I'm sure that has something to do with the subjects not being very cooperative, Hunter was still in his 'I don't want to touch her' stage, but there were still a few cute ones.
I really wanted a few of just Hanna and Malia. Hanna was SO excited to have a sister and I wanted to capture that while she was still so excited to have her. I LOVE the way those turned out.
The photographer asked if I wanted some pictures of me with baby...I wasn't planning on this, but I agreed anyway. I'm not always fond of how I look in pictures, hence I'm usually the one taking them and hardly in them. I know this is something I need to get over so that I am documented in our kids' lives, but it's a hard one for me. So here are a couple of me and baby.
Malia is now 4 months old and I'm already forgetting that she was ever this small! It passes to quickly.






















1 comment:
Oh Janel these are beautiful. Malia looks so much like you but I can actually see a little of Hunter in her mouth or chin or something. So so sweet. I love the pictures of you! Yes, you need to get over that because those turned out so great! :)
Post a Comment