However, one of the side effect of gestational diabetes is a big baby. I already was expecting an 8lb baby according to my history of growing babies. My doctor started talking a few weeks ago about inducing at 39 weeks because of the gestational diabetes. I was really hoping to just let things go this time around. So I agreed I'd be induced only after a growth scan was done to see how big she was really getting.
Well, we had that growth scan done earlier this week. I was 36 weeks and 5 days. She measures 7lbs 14ozs. That's well over a pound bigger than the average 36 week baby. If allowed to stay till 40 weeks we could expect her to be right around 10lbs, as baby should gain about 1/2 a pound per week till birth. Holy cow! That's a big baby, even for me.
Her other measurements also had her measuring pretty big. Her belly and leg measurements put her two weeks ahead of her due date, making her due date right around Dec 31st. Then the ultrasound tech brought out the 3D ultrasound wand. I've never had this done before and it was really cool! This baby girl has chubby cheeks! The cheeks on this girl, I can't even believe it.
And she has hair, tons of hair. We could see the hair before the 3D ultrasound, it was fun to see it floating around. The tech was so surprised by how much hair she had.
Seeing her in 3D made her so real. We cannot wait to have her here with us. To hold her and kiss those chubby cheeks.
At my doctor's appointment yesterday we discussed an induction date. As much as I would LOVE for her to just come on her own, I am so done. She is already going to be around 9lbs at 39 weeks. My leg is in bad shape. It feels like it's on fire, with shooting pain going down. Nothing seems to make it go away either. It doesn't matter if I'm sitting, laying down, or up and about. It hurts. Darn that sciatic nerve! I'm so itchy too!! I don't remember this with any of my other pregnancies. But I itch all over! All caused by pregnancy hormones. It's so amazing, not. I'm totally done with all these little annoying (and painful) pregnancy symptoms. So I was more than happy to set an induction date! Baby girl will be served her eviction notice on January 6th. 2 weeks from today. We couldn't be more excited!! I mean, if she wants to come on her own before then I wouldn't complain. I am so ready to have her in my arms and not in my belly.
Her room is all set up. The clothes are all washed and put in her drawers. Car seat has been bought. Diapers are in the closet. Crib is set up. All things we didn't have 2 weeks ago. Everything is ready. All except her name....


1 comment:
What a great surprise! I'm so excited for you all and would love to kiss on those chubby cheeks as well. That's great you are all prepared and I hope all goes well the next couple weeks.
Post a Comment