Now that we are moving in a few weeks days I'll have to find new running partners. Blah!
Sunday, February 14, 2016
Turkey Trot
In September the ladies that I walk each morning with decided that we wanted to train for a 5k. We found an app on my phone and it slowly worked us up to running longer and longer. At first we were running for 60 seconds and then walking for 90 seconds. Each week our training schedule got a little harder till we were doing 30 minutes of running. We started with just 3 of us and then a few more joined along the way. We saw a 5k on Fort Carson, The Turkey Trot, so we signed up for it (plus it was free!). I decided I'd bring Carter along too. His buddy, Caleb joined him too. Trent and Andrew came too, I love running with Trent. Although he's much faster than I am and can go much longer too. It started out as a pretty cold morning, but got warmer as the day went on. It turned out to be the perfect day for a run! I wasn't fast, at all, but I did it. We didn't train on hills at all and there were a couple of very steep hills on our route that I ended up walking half way up, but for the most part we ran the whole way. I think my time was 40 minutes, not too bad for walking some I don't think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment