Sunday, February 14, 2016

Christmas 2015

We went home for Christmas, like we've done the last few years, but I've decided that this will most likely be the last year we do that.  It is so much work to get everything done and make sure it all fits in the car. We'll likely have Christmas at our house and then go visit family.  Although, I doubt Trent will have 3 weeks off for Christmas like he's had during PA school.

We drove up to Trent's dad's house in Ogden first. Todd and Josh came from Hong Kong to visit for Christmas, so we wanted to spend some time up there with them.  We had a great time visiting with them! We stayed up entirely too late playing games, and I loved it!

We came to my parents house Tuesday night so that Trent could go to his interview in Lehi Wednesday morning.  Spent Christmas eve and Christmas morning with my parents and then went back up to Ogden to Trent's dads house.  We had Christmas dinner there, played more games, and of course the kids got more presents.  Carter's big present was spending 3 days in Park City skiing with Todd and Josh.  What a spoiled boy!  He had so much fun, loved every minute of it!  The day after Christmas we went to the Mummies exhibit that was in SLC.  I really enjoyed it, thought it was very interesting.  The kids thought it was scary. After lunch/dinner the boys left to go skiing.  Hanna went back up to Blair and Rhonda's, and the little boys and Trent and I went back to my moms.  We weren't planning on having Hanna stay up in Ogden, but Rhonda asked her if she wanted to stay up there with her and of course she did.  So while everyone was finishing up their lunch I ran to H&M and found her some clothes as we only brought what we'd need for that one night with us.  I came out with a package of socks, a package of underwear, 2 pair of pants, and 2 shirts for $20.  I hit gold there!

Trent and I left the very next morning, Sunday the 27th, to go to Washington for a site visit.  I arranged our flights so that we'd have a 24 hour layover in Seattle.  We went to visit the Riutta family, it had been too long since we'd been together!  We laughed the night away and go up very early the next morning to catch a flight from Seattle to Weanatchee.  We went straight to the hospital where they had a little luncheon set up with the CEO, HR, and the orthopedics team.  The physical therapist that works at the hospital is the bishop of the Chelan ward so he set it up for his wife to come get me and show me around town.  All one block of it.  Doctor S set up an appointment with his realtor for me. So after having a second lunch with the physical therapist/bishop's wife, cousin, and mom, I went with the realtor to look at houses while Trent went and shadowed doctor S for a few hours.  After which we met up with the doctor and his wife as well as the physical therapist and his wife for dinner.  It was such a long day and I was so so tired. We had to get up at 3:45 am the next morning to make it back for our flight out.

As soon as we got home and repacked we headed to Las Vegas for an interview there.  We spent one night there and then came back to Orem. Christmas break was very busy for us!  We had the Lyman family Christmas party on the 1st and drove home on the 2nd.  It was so good to be home and not traveling anymore!

Christmas eve we made cookies for Santa.  Hanna even poured a glass of milk and packed it in ice and on ice packs for him. We opened new jammies too.



We always make the kids wait at the top of the stairs for everyone to come down at the same time,  We got up waaaayyy to early this year, thanks to Andrew. He was up before 6, but we didn't make it down stairs till almost 7.  Not everyone was so happy to be up that early :) We had a pretty full house too!  Julianne, Anthony, and Blake were in one room. Down in the basement was Jamie, her fiance Jon, Sherry (Jamie's roommate), and Jodi.  Our whole family--minus Hunter who slept in the basement--was upstairs.  It was quite the group.  I love being with my family on Christmas.  After opening presents we started to get breakfast ready. Jason, Heather, and their kids showed up and we did more presents.  We almost don't all fit in the front room any more.





We headed up to Ogden after breakfast for another round of Christmas with Josh and Todd.  We were so happy to get to spend so much time with them while they were here!



1 comment:

Roberts Family said...

Tons of the family is the best and my favorite thing is to stay up late playing games!! I can't believe you got all that done when you were here! So glad it all worked out and you will have a stable place to live now...well for a longer while anyway. :)