Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Birthdays!

Hanna and Hunter both have birthdays the first of January.  Both had been asking to have a birthday party.  I just didn't want to do anything, sometimes I'm lazy like that. Birthday parties are a lot of work and money. We kept it pretty low key for Hunter's birthday. We went to Red Lobster, they both wanted to go there.  Hunter had asked if we were going to invite our family over for a party.  I asked him what family he wanted to invite over and he named our good friends in Colorado Springs; Bennett's, Jones', and McBride's.  I thought it was sweet that he thought those good friends are our family!  So with very little notice I invited those three families over for pizza, cake, and ice cream.  To our delight they were able to make it.  I, however, didn't tell Hunter or Hanna that we were going to have that party after all. We kept it a surprise.  While we were out Trent took kids to Petco and I ran into Target to get a pinata and some treats for it, I hit the jackpot with an Olaf pinata that had pull strings....you know, winter birthdays.  The kids had no idea I had gotten things for a party.  When it was time to pick up pizza I sent Hanna and Hunter with Trent, while they were gone all our friends showed up. It was perfect and they were so surprised and excited when they got home. It was super fun little party!  We are so lucky to have friends that are just like family!

Notice Hunter blew out Hanna's candles before he blew out his own...tricky little dude!

No comments: