It is March 1st and I am FINALLY caught up with 2014.
Hunter turned 4 years old this year. He has grown up so so much in the last year. He loves being in the kitchen with me cooking whatever I am cooking. He loves to bake treats, he loves to 'skir' (stir) whatever needs stirring. He loves to flip over the pancakes and take them off the grill. He loves to read stories, loves it when his brother and sister are home. He talks about TX almost everyday. He LOVES school. When we first moved here I got the big kids registered for school and he'd ask me where his school was. We didn't have internet yet, so looking for a preschool was a little difficult. I told him as soon as the computer worked again we'd look for a school for him. Once the internet was up I looked up the two preschools that are in our district. I sent one an email and then called the other one as I couldn't find an email. I had been told that both preschools were full, but I wanted to know if I could get on a waiting list for it. Turned out that the preschool I called had openings for afternoon preschool. He was SO excited! (so was I, it is only $120 every quarter!) He goes to preschool twice a week in the afternoon and wishes it was every day.
Since we had just moved into our house (we were still trying to unpack) on his birthday we didn't really do much. I didn't even make his cake, I let him choose cupcakes at the store. He's not the best eater in the house and really I have a hard time finding foods he'll actually eat. However, he LOVES breakfast, so I decided that for his birthday dinner we'd have breakfast for dinner, his favorite, french toast. He was right next to me helping me cook the whole time. He was in heaven and loved his birthday dinner! His birthday present we packed into the trailer in UT and the trailer had not been delivered yet. I felt really bad that we didn't have a present for him ON his birthday, but he didn't seem to care at all.
Hanna turned 7 this year. I cannot believe that she is 7! Time just keeps going faster and faster for me. She is a fun little girl. Loves her barbies and babies. Loves when she can get her brother to play house with her. She loves school and is doing well. The night before her birthday I took her to the store so she could choose her birthday doughnuts, the kids really like that little birthday morning treat.
We didn't get to do birthday dates because we really had just moved into our house, we didn't know anyone who could babysit for us (still don't) so everyone went on the birthday date. Hanna chose to go to Joe's Crab Shack (again) and then we came home and had cake and ice cream. She chose an ice cream cake this year. (you know, since we just moved into our house and I didn't know where anything was to make an awesome cake) We left it in our deep freezer so it was so hard when we pulled it out that we decided to do presents this year first to allow the cake to get softer. The trailer with Hunter's present showed up a few days before but I decided to wait and do presents together. They both loved their presents, just as I suspected they would. (notice my ghetto wrapping paper...it's the paper from the moving boxes)
As we were doing presents Andrew was eyeing the cake that was just at his level on the table. He was just able to stick his fingers in the frosting.
The next Saturday we went on a little birthday date, again with everyone, so that Hunter and Hanna could spend their birthday money. They chose to go to toys-r-us. What fun that place is, so many possibilities, how does one ever choose what to get! Hunter knew exactly what he wanted, a big truck. We thought that would be easy enough to get with his $30. Not so, the big truck he wanted was in fact a BIG truck that he could drive, he was about $170 short. Way to dream big.






No comments:
Post a Comment