I suppose it's time to play catch up. I am so far behind in my blogging, in part because I've not been feeling well, and also cuz life has been crazy busy trying to keep the house clean for people to come look at it.
The end of the school year is always fun. This year everything seemed to happen all on one day. Carter had his dance festival at school at 9am, we learned last year that if you want a decent spot to sit you'd better be there by 8:15. He then had, right after the dance, his classroom awards. At 11am Hanna had her preschool graduation. And somewhere in there I had to have Hanna to school by 9:15. Trent thought he'd pick up an extra shift earlier that week at the ER, so I was all on my own to get this all accomplished.
Earlier in the week Hanna called grandma and papa Lyman to see if they wanted to come down to see her graduation. They live in Rexburg, but come down often. I was relieved to have them come! One of my sisters picked up Hanna and took her to school so I could be to Carter's dance festival, and Grandma and Papa went early to save seats. It all worked out perfectly! I am so thankful for family who are willing to help! I wasn't sure how on earth I was going to accomplish all of that alone, I just can't be in two places at once and I would have felt so bad missing his dance. Although, I could have and would have done it if I had to. I'm quite used to not having a husband around to help out with things like this.
Here are a couple of pictures from Carter's dance festival. It's a bit hard to see him (I need a another camera lens that zooms in more!) but he's there, on the right side kneeling down, kinda toward the back :)
Right after the dance festival we went into his classroom for his class awards. He has had a great teacher this year! This was her first year teaching and she did a wonderful job! Carter LOVES school and this year was no exception. He couldn't wait for school to start so he could have homework to do. Toward the end of the year they stopped getting homework and he was a little sad about it. He'd ask his teacher every day where his homework was. He loves math and loves to read. He is such a good little reader. He is a high level reader for his grade, he can pretty much read anything we give him. His teacher told us once at a parent teacher conference that she had a hard time keeping books in the classroom that challenged him. I am finding the same thing here at home. I buy him a chapter book to read and he's done with it in a couple of hours. I love that he loves to read!! I just hope it stays that way for the rest of his life.
As soon as his awards ceremony was over we jumped in the car and headed over to Hanna's preschool graduation. We were a bit early for it, but that's ok we got really good seats. I was so afraid that we'd be late to it so being early was ok with me. Hanna LOVED preschool! She made so many friends, and she learned a lot. I loved the school. They teach age appropriate curriculum that does not come from a workbook. She never came home with worksheets that she filled out (so NOT age appropriate!) they used themes and topics that interested the kids using the project approach to learning. And, they are an accredited school with the National Association for the Education of Young Children, which in near to impossible to find in this valley of home preschools where you don't actually have to have any education to teach. I love that they worked with UVU's early education students! It ment lower teacher child ratios, and student teachers with the newest research in early ed teaching my child, she had two full time teachers and then up to 5 student teachers in her class of 14. But all of what I look for in a preschool aside, Hanna loved it and had a ball!
They sang a few songs for graduation, and then watched a little slide show of pictures from the year. It was prefect!
Miss Ari
Miss Lindsay
Speaking of Carter's love for reading. I snapped this little gem one afternoon, Hunter was there too, but got up as soon as he saw me with the camera, the other three didn't even notice I was there.
I know you can't see the book, but he was reading princess stories to the girls. He is a good boy and a great big brother!
1 comment:
I'm sooo glad that Geneva is such a great school with the best teachers. I will miss it.
Post a Comment