We took Carter with to our ultrasound today, so he already knew the surprise. Hanna wanted to stay and play with the babysitter, I'm sure she had way more fun! I tried to think of a fun way to tell her what we were having, we were going to stop at the store on the way home but got a call saying someone wanted to come look at the has in 30mins so we rushed home instead. It all worked out though. We can't be home while we are showing it so I dropped Trent and the kids off at my moms, called her to make sure she had no plans, and then sent a text to all my siblings telling them to bring pizza and come see our surprise. It was a really fun, impromptu gender reveal. I have seen elaborate parties planned on pintrest, but had no desire for such a thing, I just wanted to tell Hanna in a fun way. The balloons were a hit!
Having an ultrasound done is my second favorite part of pregnancy, the favorite being labor and delivery. I love seeing the little baby inside of me moving around. This little baby is laying transverse, with it's head tucked into a corner so it was a little difficult to see all that we needed to. It's legs were crossed and tucked under it's belly, making it very difficult to see it's gender. The tech pushed and prodded at baby trying to get it to move, but it wouldn't.
So fun to see inside of me!
And, it's a:
BOY!!!
Carter is thrilled! He wanted a boy, Hanna really wanted a sister. On the way back from my parents house she said "next time, Mom, could you make sure it's a girl!" Though she says she'll love this baby just the same. And truth be told, I wanted a girl too, but am happy to have my boys!


2 comments:
Congratulations!!!! I thought for sure it was going to be a girl but am so happy for you and glad Hanna wasn't too disappointed. Hunter will have a blast with a brother so close to him.
Holy cow! Another boy is so exciting!!!! I'm so thrilled for you. Hang in there pregnancy-wise.
Post a Comment