Friday, April 6, 2012

My little baker


My friend and I  had done a bunch of meals for the freezer and one of the things we made was cinnamon rolls, the kids were so excited when they woke up the next morning.  They thought for sure they'd be getting some for breakfast.  They were very disappointed when I told them they were in the freezer and they'd not be able to eat them for breakfast.  So I decided, we'd just make some, since we didn't have church till 1.  Miss Hanna is always asking to help me in the kitchen.  I know how good it is for her to help me, really I do, but sometimes I just don't want to deal with the mess and I always seem to be in a hurry.  Not this morning.  Carter and Hanna both pulled up stools and helped make the dough.  Carter lost interest as it was rising, but Hanna did not.  She wanted to roll it out, put the butter and sugar on, cut it, as well as clean up.  She loved it!  What a good reminder to me that she needs to be by my side more as I'm cooking.  (my boys too!)  If they want to help now, well then they shall, even if it means more clean up for me.

No comments: