It's true, after 10 years of college (in all fairness he wasn't in school the whole time, there was a mission in there and Iraq in there) he has finally obtained his Bachelors of Science in Nursing. Yahoo!!
When I first met Trent, way back in 2003, we stood outside late into the evening and talked about where life would take us. Somehow the conversation took us to what he wanted to do, this was maybe the first or second time we hung out---it wasn't a date, I swear, just two friends from work hanging out. Denial...maybe. He told me of his desire to be a nurse. He told me it wouldn't be till the Spring semester of 2005 that he would be able to even start nursing school because of boot camp and A.I.T. with the National Guard. My thoughts...holy crap that's a long time away! AND army boy=big trouble. Friends, just stay friends. That worked out real well, that's a story for another day :)
It wasn't until after he came home from Iraq in 2006 that he got accepted to UVU's nursing program. He started the Winter semester of 2007 (just a couple years off his goal) He's done an amazing job with balancing school, work, and family. We've had two kids while he was in school. He graduated Cum Laud. (and yes, I did have to explain to him what that was)
As for future plans; well, they include going back to the National Guard and going to PA school. In Texas. For two years. It's a pretty hard program to get into, they take 10 National Guards men from all 50 states, that's it, only 10. He applied 3 times before getting into UVU's nursing program and got the #9 slot, however, that round they only took 3 because they had to recycle 7. With more education, more experience, a higher rank, and a few other things we think he's got a pretty good shot at getting in.
YAY TRENT!!
Carter was my graduation partner as no one else came. Trent didn't think it was important enough to invite anyone, besides it was at 8am. WHO plans these things!! Don't they know that is REALLY early for me! For real, really early!! I don't do mornings. This is how he entertained himself during the most boring parts (which was all of it for him):







4 comments:
congrats trent! so awesome!
A big WOOT WOOT!!!! to you and your family!!!!! Just the other day I was looking at a family video I made of when Devlin got his Masters last August. I started crying....being in school for 8 years (4 for the bachelors and an elongated 4 for the masters....) seemed to take forever...3 kids later...a startup business later...etc., etc., it's a huge load off....so believe me when I say YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME and Janel, you deserve a diploma for being the supportive wife. YOU ROCK! Great job guys!
Woo Hoo!! Love it when the hubby gets done with school!! Nice Job Trent - I will be so sad if you guys leave but know this is what you guys want so I will try to be excited for you when it happens. ;-)
Congratulations Trent!
Post a Comment