Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Worlds most unhappy baby



This is how my cute little baby is MOST of the day...SCREAMING his cute little head off.  If he's not sleeping, nursing, or being held (by mom), he is wailing.   He shoves he little fists into his mouth and rakes with his fingers and ends up with a bloody mouth half of the time, no matter how short his nails are he still scratches the inside of his mouth up, so sad.  I've no idea what could be causing the extreme madness, cuz there are times (very rare ones) that he will hang out on the floor for 2 or 3 mins before he starts wailing, and he is pretty happy when he is being held. But really, who can hold a baby ALL day, no wonder my house is a disaster, I've got a baby in my arms all day long!  He has been a pretty grumpy baby since he was born, but man I'm having a hard time with all the screaming, especially since I've NO idea what is causing it.  I don't dare leave him with anyone, except my mom, because he is so grumpy, and a screaming baby can grate on ones nerves SO fast, besides no one wants a grumpy baby around. Poor baby, you must learn how to be happy!

5 comments:

kenna said...

aw, baby hunter! chill out!

bring him here, we'll teach him.

Katie said...

have you tried a Moby? I didn't have one with the first two but love it this time around. Orson wants to be held pretty much all day too, I put the moby on and slip him in and get my stuff done. It's pretty nice and I think you can use it till they are about 35lbs. If you can find one at a second hand store they are way better priced. Good luck, screaming babies are hard.

Steve and Hailey said...

Oh I'm so sorry! I do love the voice of your blog because it sounds so sweet and hopeful and I know that I feel the opposite when my children are cranky all day. :) Good luck finding solutions!

Amy Sorensen said...

Janell, just wanted to say...I had one of those grumpy babies too. (Kaleb, my youngest.) (Not really a coincidence he turned out to be the last!!!) It is HARD. Now that he is older and can communicate I know what I could have done to help him as an infant...but that really doesn't help anything! Sometimes I would just have to put him down and let him cry because you really do have to get a few things done!

No advice, but empathy. Empathy! ;) hang in there!

Roberts Family said...

He still is sooo cute though! You could leave him here - we wouldn't mind. We would all LOVE to take turns holding him especially the kids!