Monday, September 13, 2010

No noise for Hanna Banana

Hanna has always been a little sensitive to loud noises.  When she was younger if a dog barked right near her she'd shake and cry, she even now sometimes does it, but she's much better than she used to be.  On the 4th of July she discovered fireworks had a very LOUD sound, and she decided she hated them.  She hated the noise, not the fireworks. She wanted to watch them, but from inside the van or the house.  Well, the week after the 4th we went camping up in Idaho with Trent's dad and step-mom.  Something we do every summer.  Evening came and we started a fire.  Hanna FLIPPED! She thought that fire=fireworks, and was certain it was going to be LOUD.  She wouldn't come out of the motor home.  The door was open (screen shut) the windows were open.  Yet she insisted that it was too loud to come outside!  She missed out on roasting marshmallows and just sitting around a campfire. Nothing I said would convince her that it wasn't loud outside.  When she did come (usually by force:) out she looked like this:

Hands pushed up against her head as tight as she could get it.  If she was holding something, or walking, she was like this:
 I tried to pull her arms down, they were pinned up against her head.  Oh, and just so you can see how close the motor home was to the fire when she was happy inside with the door and windows open:
Pretty close, I will never understand the logic of a two year old!  Oh, then she fell asleep....cuz when you're camping there is no bed time...right?
 I kid you not, dead asleep and I couldn't move her hands.  I tried and she put them right back up there.  I took her inside the motor home, changed her clothes, and put her into bed and she slept like this:
Man she's cute when she's sleeping!!

The next night I thought I'd see if I could trick her.  Enter the magic hat:
It's true, it blocks out all the noises, so she can enjoy an evening of roasting marshmallows by the fire!  (even if all she wanted to do was play with the big feather papa found while we were on our four-wheeler ride that day, and eat non-roasted marshmallows!)


3 comments:

Aimee said...

At least she still looks cute, even when her hands are covering her ears :)

Erin said...

That's hilarious. Your kids are so cool! I love it.

Roberts Family said...

What a smart mama you are! I agree thought she is an absolute doll even with her hands up there.