Friday, September 17, 2010

Another painting project

I've always hated the color of the outside of our house.  Really, green...well hunter green.  It is yucky!  Well, it WAS yucky.   Before:
And now:

Bye bye nasty green house!  The color I choose is a grayish black.  It's probably hard to see the difference in the picture, but I LOVE it.  I'm still debating about what to do with the garage...leave it white (seems to be too much white to me) or paint it the gray color or the dark blue color that the apartment garage is painted.  What do you think?  We've not yet attempted the back yard.  The deck will be a NIGHTMARE!  It is peeling badly so all the paint will have to be scraped off.  Anyone have any wonderful advice on tackling the deck?  (or knows someone who does paint/decks for cheap :)  Slowly we'll get our house to look how we want.  Next step, the wall paper and peach paint in the front room.

Just in case you wanted another look:
Before:
And now:
Seriously, is that even the same house?

2 comments:

mrs. m said...

How fun! I think you should do the garage the same as the apt one.

Becky said...

I recommend that you powerwash the deck (rent at home depot or lowes) and then stain or paint it. Sanding and scraping by hand is a nightmare. Just spend the money to rent a machine that will do it for you in 20 minutes.