Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Getting Crafty!

So, if you know me well you know there's one (okay so maybe there's lots more) thing that I DON'T do well at all....crafts.  I don't enjoy them, I'm just not talented in that area, I'd rather buy the finished project then spend my time making it.  Besides, I bet what someone else makes is MUCH cuter than what I can.  I just don't have the eye or patience to make thing.  But  I got looking on line for some craft ideas for my calling and found a few that I thought I'd try.  I'll post finished projects later. I went to the store got all my supplies, and made the first one.  Well...really I just designed it in photoshop, but now all I need to do it modge podge it onto my tile and then I'm done.  But I just wanted to share what I designed...I LOVE it!


I'm going to mount it on a 12x12 tile that I just picked up at Lowes for $.98 and then hang it on our wall.
This other one I'm gona mount on a styrofoam block, also 12x12.  I'll paint the edges of the foam, it's 1" thick, probably a brown color, then I was thinking of using a ribbon to hang it with.  I'm not near as excited about this one as I am about the first one, but I still like it.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

Those look so cute, hopefully the finished product turns out as you expect. I can agree with the not crafty thing, every once in awhile I get something into my head and I forget for a moment that I have no talent when it comes to crafts

mrs. m said...

WOW! I can't wait to see the finished products! Those are great-I really miss the Utah RS Crafty thing. We have no super saturdays, no fun make-it-yourself nights at enrichment, nothing. My ward stinks!