Monday, August 16, 2010

Ahhhh



Do you ever walk into a room and think...yeah, I LOVE it.  Well that's how I feel about my newly painted half bath.  Here's a little before (sorry the picture isn't really that good, I took it when we were looking at the house, and didn't think to take one before we ripped the wall paper off)

And in case you wanted a close up on that lovely wall paper, here it is:
Yes, that trim is blue, yes the door frame is blue.  And what you don't see in this picture is the crown molding, it's unfinished wood, not caulked, nail holes and all.

And here is the finished bathroom, did I mention that I LOVE it?!
Just in case you wanted another look:


And for my own crafty purposes...I made these little tiles, they didn't turn out just as I wanted, but I think they look okay (now to keep the junk off the shelf)
 I seriously love love how the bathroom turned out.  And yes, I did it all my self!  Well, with the exception of taking the toilet apart so I could paint behind it.  Carter when he walked in to wash his hands after I had it all put together said (in an awe struck tone) "Awesome!"  And I agree.  Now when I walk into the bathroom I don't cringe, I sigh....I'm no longer embarrassed to have company use the half bath, cuz it's cute now!

10 comments:

kenna said...

BLARG!

it turned out AWESOME!

Cheree said...

Way to go! That's is awesome, you deserve a pat on the back...so awesome that you did it yourself!

The Gubler Family said...

There is nothing more wonderful about having a new bathroom. It has almost been 2 years now that we remodeled our one bathroom and turned it into two bathrooms. I still tell myself everyday how much I love my bathrooms.

Erin said...

Gorgeous! It looks so comfortable and 5 star quality!

Marie said...

Nice job! It looks great.

Rappleye Family said...

It looks classy!

Roberts Family said...

Absolutely beautiful! Now I know who to call if we ever need to go that route again! :-)

Katie said...

Very nice! I like the colors you picked. I have yet to paint anything yet...I'm a little scared. Are those the foam blocks you wrote about before? They turned out way cute!

Party of Five said...

Yep looks great! want to come do ours now? hahaha!!

mrs. m said...

Beautiful! You guys did a great job!