Friday, July 16, 2010

A little catch up....

We really have been doing some fun things the last few weeks/months...but with my lack of energy and with what energy I have I've been putting into not throwing up all over the place, all day long.  I've done nothing but lay on the couch.  My children have watched too much TV, ate too many waffles, and have not gotten enough attention.  My poor husband has also been neglected.  My garden is now more weeds than plants.  I've managed to kill my flowers that I planted because I couldn't get myself off the couch to go water them.  But I'm hoping to revive them.  My back flowerbed has been overcome with weeds...I just went outside to find that my sweet husband has pulled all the weeds for me...LOVE him!  My house...well that's also been neglected. Thank goodness my husband likes to do dishes and gets bored when he's home and will clean a bathroom here and there. But now that I'm feeling better some days, I've got a lot of work to do. 

First...post our wonderful trip to Oceanside.  We spend a WEEK without kids, it was heaven.  We went with our good friends Josh and Kenna to Oceanside, CA for a week.  We had no plans, no responsibilities, we did whatever we felt like.  We slept in everyday.  Read books with out being disturbed.   Sat on the beach and slept.  Trent spent time every day in the water boogie boarding with Josh.  It was fun to see him catch a wave and then smile at his accomplishment.  We ate yummy food at the harbor (fish and chips) and a hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant (I still dream of the food).  We went for long walks as the sun set on the beach.  It was the perfect week away from life.  We were excited to get back to Carter and Hanna, but not to get back to working and life in general.  We have already talked about our next trip out there.

We didn't take a whole ton of pictures, but here are a few:

We spent a morning in the Zen Gardens, it was at that was there that I decided that I NEED a garden like this.  It was so beautiful and peaceful. I loved it!  And we took a load of pictures there :)

2 comments:

kenna said...

i'm ready for next years vacation...

Roberts Family said...

I LOVE those pictures of the ocean. I love the sand and water. I'm glad you were able to go on a baby moon before this little one comes. Keith and I did that and it was nice. I'm sorry you've felt so awful. Sounds like we have very similar pregnancies. I do all those same things for the five months, it's like we have the flu or something! Please call me and tell me to come get your kids for a few hours when you need!