At our house we use correct wording for ALL parts of the body. We've tried hard to teach our kids not to be ashamed of their bodies or their body parts. However, trying to teach them when it's appropriate to talk about said words is a whole other story! That being said, Hanna has a hard time with pronouncing vagina and penis. It comes out peanut and gina.
So...here's the story......Sunday, during sacrament meeting the little boy sitting behind us pulls out his snacks. He is enjoying his snacks when Hanna looks back and says "you have a peanut? I have a gina." He was eating peanuts. I wish it was quiter, but Hanna doesn't do quiet. I died laughing. I know, sacrament meeting isn't the place for such laughter, but I couldn't help it, it was cute/funny!
5 comments:
LOVE IT!!!
yep, that is funny! They do it the most inopportune times ha? We have done the same with our kids,& Kenny did that (loudly) in the grocery store when he was about that age too!Of course the other way around, only he was always very clear about pronunciations! This is when i am thankful that Justin has not been able to speak very clearly!
Oh gosh! That is hilarious! There is no way I cannot think about this story during sacrament now ;)
That's awesome! We do correct terms, too, except not having a little girl in the house, I'm holding off on "gina" for a little while longer. Girls pee through their urethra. :)
Janel, I'm so glad Treyson had no clue what Hannah was talking about! He probably would have went on about it for a while right there and asked more questions. When we brought Kaelani home he told me that she didn't have a pee pee that she had two bums. lol :-) Fun times!
Post a Comment