Monday, May 17, 2010

running, running, running...

Two weeks ago Trent and I ran in the Provo 5k, there was EVERY type of weather you could imagine....rain, sleet, hail (that so didn't feel good!), and of course a little snow.  I was dripping wet.  Water was running down my face, my sleeves were soaked, my fingers were water logged.  The kids went on this run with us and had a blast, all snugly warm in the stroller.  And we've got no pictures to document it, I didn't want to ruin the camera with all the water.  We finished in 38 mins, I know, a little slow, but hey, I ran the whole 3.1 miles, didn't stop once.  Okay, so maybe once, my shoe came untied and I had to fix it.  But it was awesome.  We ran at about a 12:30minute mile pace, so not really fast, but we kept pace the whole time and it was fun.  I've decided that it was a little easy this time and I could have pushed myself a bit harder. But not too bad for taking 6 months off of running, me and winter don't get along very well when it comes to running.

This last weekend Trent did a half marathon...yes a half marathon.  That is 13.1 miles, he rocked it!  2hrs 14mins.  He ran in the Ogden half marathon with his step-sister and her uncle.  They got up at 4am, met a shuttle at 4:45 and started up Ogden canyon.  We got to the finish line just before 9am, found a spot along the fence and waited for them to pass so we could cheer them on.  It was so fun to cheer on those runners that had been working SO hard to see that finish line.  We thought that three of them would be running together, the uncle had on a neon yellow hat so he'd be easier to spot in the flood of people.  I was struggling with kids at one point....and there came Trent...I MISSED A GOOD PICTURE! They weren't together after all, Trent was about 5mins ahead of them. So all I have is of his back side passing me:
The white shirt and black shorts....that's Trent.  I saw him right when he was in front of us so we still got to scream really loud for him.  I'm so impressed that he did it!  He's a bit sore now, he chaffed in places he forgot could chafe (and I had no idea could even chafe...), his lungs had a bit of trouble around the 10 mile maker, but he made it!  He finished some where in the 1000s out of 5000+ runners, not too bad for his first half marathon ever.
Here are the runners.  Kimberlee, Trent, and Greg.  Just a little note on Kimberlee....she's amazing!  She asked Trent to run this with her back in October after we had her run a 5k with us, so it was also her first half marathon.  She has recently lost over 100lbs, she's literally been working her butt off to do that, and she looks amazing! 

4 comments:

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

I'm glad you got my good side.

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! Good job to both of you!!

Rappleye Family said...

That is so neat!! Congrats what an accomplishment!! Running is harder then you think!

Regina Pearson said...

That is really awesome!