Hanna will officially be two years old on January 9th. I can hardly believe that my little baby is so grown up. So big in fact, that she has decided to potty train HERSELF. I would just assume that she stay in diapers a little longer, really I would. She won't have it. So on Monday I thought, okay, why keep fighting her, I'll just let her at it. She's never pooped on the toilet yet, and I so don't want the mess on my floor, or in her panties, so I'm using up some pull-ups that we got on clearance for like $2 a package. I didn't think she really would care all that much about using the potty once I gave in and let her do it, boy was I wrong!
Since Monday she's had two accidents. One of them was on Monday, and I had just forgotten to take her to the potty. The second was Thursday night, and it was so my fault. She told me she had to go potty as we were getting out of the car to come inside, and I had forgotten till she told me 10 mins later "I just peed the pants." She's been waking up from her naps dry, still soaking wet in the morning, but Carter still in diapers at night...so that one I think will take a little longer to come. This morning I hadn't gotten her diaper off yet, because I was lazy and wanted to sleep in since both kids thought it would be super exciting to get up at 6am (that's like 2 hrs earlier than normal!) Well, Hanna pooped in her diaper this morning and she was soo sad. She just cried and cried, she kept repeating "I pooed the pants." Big tears rolled down her face. I felt bad for her. I think she's been holding it in all week long because she didn't want to go in her "panties" (I've totally convinced her the pull-ups are panties) that she's made herself constipated. Poor baby! She's so excited to put her poo in the potty, but just hasn't done it yet. So does anyone have any ideas of how to teach her to poop in the potty so I don't have a melt down/self-esteem crash like I did this morning every time she doesn't make it?
I'm very impressed with the progress she's made. She HATES to have a wet diaper on, and thinks it's so very fun to pee in the toilet. I told her the other day that when she can get her poo in the toilet we could go to the store and she could pick out some big girl panties to wear, it was one of those moments that I wished I had a camera on her, she giggled and danced and squealed all at the same time. She was SO excited about the thought of going shopping for panties for herself. I'm so impressed with her, she is one determined little girl, really, she's done this herself, cuz I'd just like to keep my baby around a little longer!
1 comment:
I'm impressed that she picked it up so fast! I've been trying to potty train Shelby for about a month now. She goes in the potty about 50% of the time. I need advice on how to get her to do it 100% of the time! And I bought pull-ups and she hates them. She'd rather wear a diaper. I think I need to just buck up and buy some panties for her too. We have a pack of training ones, but they're a little too big for her petite little body.
Post a Comment