Monday, September 28, 2009

Not for the faint of heart.....

On Friday I was cleaning the floors and kitchen, really it seems like I clean them EVERY day. When I see a little movement out from the corner of my eye. There is the cutest little mouse scurrying across the floor, along the wall, into the other room and into the closet. Naturally I was a little shocked about such a critter in MY house, but, eh it happens and I will catch the get the little guy, cuteness will not save him like it does my kids. I set aside the cleaning for now, a little preoccupied with catching this mouse. I get him cornered into the closet, I know he cannot get out, I round up all the kids (I watch 2 extras during the week) and we all go to Target for some supplies. Once home I set up the traps. But nothing happens, he must have found his way out. Saturday morning, I'm sitting at the computer, Trent is in the kitchen/entry way, and screeches/screams like I've NEVER heard before. My husband screamed like a girl! The mouse ran across the floor right in front of him and I am hysterical laughing, just thinking about it makes me crack up still. The mouse runs under the fridge. Trent naturally starts to shake and move the fridge in an effort to get the mouse out. Well, out comes mouse and runs right across his foot, and out of his mouth comes that screech/scream again! I can hardly contain myself, I was laughing so hard! Carter does a great impression, I'll have to see if I can get it on tape. A couple of hours later we returned to find the mouse in not one trap, but two. He had gotten his back legs caught in one and drug it across the floor and then got his head caught in another one...that'll teach him to mess with Trent!


I don't think he'll be running across Trent's foot anytime soon!

This afternoon I decided we should clear out the weeds under the stairs outside and put in a sand box. Trent thought that was a good idea, Carter thought it was an AWESOME idea. So out went Trent to get to work. This is what he found:

I don't know if you can see it well or not, but it's a snake skin. Yuck! I guess if you've got mice then having a snake around isn't a bad deal. Just as long as he stays out in the yard I think I'll be okay.

5 comments:

SEA FILM CLASS REVIEWS said...

Trent screaming like a girl would have been the best video to put on the blog for all his ol' military buddies. Looks like you are having a lot if fun;)

Jesse said...

Please get Carter on tape doing his impression, I can't properly imagine what he must have sounded like though my image of him with his hands in the air like an old lady is pretty funny.

Erin said...

No no no no . . . . I do not do snakes or snake skins. blecky blecky!

Steve and Hailey said...

Janel-come to my place at 6pm on Thursday! I'm having a gross candy party. Bring a gross candy for us all to laugh at and possibly taste and then a single serving of your favorite candy to exchange. Keep your favorite in a brown bag (secret). Please come!

Shirley said...

This story cracks me up! I can just see you busting up while Trent is freaking out. That is so hilarious! And I'm glad you got the little stinker too. :)

Shirley