Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Meet the newest Lyman....

Meet Bently, he is an 8 month old Pit Bull. Aka, a BIG baby! He thinks he's a 5 lb lap dog, seriously he wants to sit IN our laps, he needs to be the center of attention and LOVES to play. We picked him up on Monday from a cute little family in SLC who just moved into a new townhouse and the landlords wanted a $500 pet deposit, which they didn't have, and they just couldn't afford to keep him anymore, as with most teenage boys, he eats a TON. We've found that he has the NASTIEST gas EVER!! On the way home he kept farting, the first time I totally thought it was Trent, it was awful. Trent on the other hand was really proud of it, he thought it really was his nasty smelly fart, cuz apparently they both ripped on at the same time. I drove down the freeway with my head OUT the window. It was gross! So any advice on getting rid of doggy gas is appreciated! Just like having a newborn again there is alot of adjusting to be done. He came from a home where he spent all day, except when he needed to go out, inside. That's not going to happen here. I like my new house too much to have it destroyed by doggie. And within the first 5 minutes he peed in the front room, not okay! Lucky for me it was on a plastic bag and not the carpet. He's getting used to spending more time outside than he ever has before. Oh, and if the pure name of pit bull scares you...look here to learn more about the breed. We've done our research and are excited to have him in our family and hopes it works out well. Our kids love him and he is so good with them, all except for that tail of his that swings so hard left to right, it knocks on things and I wonder if he's going to break it one of these times.
Hanna was trying to give him a kiss, Bently kept moving in circles, Hanna was getting ticked, so Trent had to make him hold still.


Trent showing off his tricks. Bently looks to Trent as the leader, he's been so easy to train and we hope to be able to get him socialized to other dogs soon.

7 comments:

Jesse said...

He's so cute, but good luck on getting him to realize he's not a lapdog. As far as the gas goes you could try switching him to a different brand or formula of food, that might help.

Erin said...

Cute doggy! I hope he recovers from his nip and tuck.

mrs. m said...

He's adorable! My parents have a pit bull mix and he's super HUGE but he acts like a BIG baby. They take him places in the car and he scares passersby half to death! His only downfall is that he gets real jealous over my kids getting the attention.

Rappleye Family said...

How fun for the kids!

Jenny said...

wow congrats it's been too long! How are you? A house a dog? take it easyy before I know it you'll be knocked up too!!

Love you seriously, our lunches why haven't they happened yet?

Eric and Jodi Eames said...

Hannah finally got her puppy!!! Man how I miss having her look around my house convinced that a puppy was hiding somewhere. Does she still say puppy like a italian??

Sorry we missed Carters party I wasn't feeling well...think I got some nasty food poisioning. I will have to come over to meet Bentley and see your new place.

Tim and Karina Sorenen said...

i love it, I can't wait til we can interact (SP?) with him more. Thanks for the updates