Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Lyman's

Well lets start with a little about the Lyman's. Janel and I met after our missions at Albertson's. We were both checkers there and dated for a couple of months before we decided to get married. Before we got married I had the daughnting task of going through basic training. It was a long cold 10 weeks in lonely Ft. Sill OK. The next 16 weeks I was in Ft Sam Houston going through my medic training. We coordinated the wedding over the phone as we were to be married less than a month after I got back. All went well and we were married in the Salt Lake Temple August 13th 2004. We had a good ol time in Yellowstone for our honeymoon before it was back to school for me. I was attempting to get into UVSC's nursing program will little success. It didn't take long for us to decide to not prevent any kids from coming. Janel got pregnant only 4 months after we were married. When Janel was only 4-5 months along we found out that my national guard unit would be deployed to Iraq for a year. I left on August 13, 2005, on our one year anniversary, for Ft. Bliss TX. At that time Janel was 8 months pregnant and a little distraught. carter was born 13 September 2005 and I was able to come home for a couple of days to see him. Iraq was full of long emails, pictures from home, and phone calls from a time zone 10 hours apart. I came home for 2 weeks when Carter was about 6 months old. Boy had he grown a lot. I sure loved holding him for the time I was home. I didn't miss the endless crying at night as Carter didn't sleep well. I'll never know how Janel survived. If you think Iraq is bad try having a screaming baby who is up every 20 minutes.
I eventually made it back from Iraq without too many bumps or bruises. I was working hard to get into the Army's Pa program but to no avail. By some miracle I ended up in the nursing program at UVSC, but not before deciding that we should try for another kid seeing as I had missed Carter's first year of life. Janel got pregnant and gave birth to Hanna Lin Lyman 9 January 2008.
Nursing school had been a breeze up to this point but I expect it to be a little more difficult this coming semester. We are excited to be moving on in life and getting closer to graduation and a career. We'll try and keep this updated with all the little fun things that happen to us over time.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Way to fall for peer pressure and welcome to the world of blogging! I love the pictures you put up.

kenna said...

Buwah ha ha hahahahah, now I can stalk you...