January is full of birthdays, right in a row. First Hunter's, then Hanna's, and now Malia's is squeezed in there between Hanna and Hunter.
When my doctor first talked to me about inducing a week early she wanted me to come in on Jan. 5th. I told her no as it was Hunter's birthday and I wanted to be home for that. She asked if I would come in the night of the 5th, and I declined. I planned a little birthday party for Hanna and Hunter instead of starting an induction.
I let Hanna invite 4 friends from school and Hunter invited a few friends (and their families) from church. It was just a little gathering. I picked up a Costco cake while I was down in Wenatchee stocking up for when baby came so I didn't have to make anything. The kids loved it and I didn't have to do any work (standing at that point became really hard as my leg was really hurting, oh and my hands were going numb with some pregnancy induced carpal tunnel--super fun).
The party wasn't long, only 2 hours, but man can those girls make noise! It really was a fun evening thhough. I got to chat with friends, and the kids got to hang out with their friends. It was a win for everyone! We did cake and ice cream and then let Hunter open his presents. I told all the friends that they didn't need to bring presents, but some did anyway. Hanna's friends all made her something, which I thought was really sweet. We didn't give Hanna her birthday presents this night, we saved them for her actual birthday a few days later.
Hunter is a little hard to buy gifts for. I never know what he wants. He doesn't really have anything he's super interested in. For Christmas his list included ice cream, doughnuts, and other food he 'likes.' So when he started talked about a snuggie tail, I knew that is what I'd get him. He'd seen the commercials on TV and kept saying he needed $20 to buy a shark snuggie tail. He was pretty excited to get it!
We waited and gave Hanna her presents on her actual birthday, mostly so that day would be a bit special for her. I didn't want her birthday to feel like just another day or to be over shadowed with Malia's birth. Malia and I came home from the hospital on her birthday. Blair and Rhonda were here too, so she got to have another little celebration that night. She mostly got new clothes, lots of them. She needed them. She's grown so much in the last year that she didn't really have many clothes that fit. She also got a fuzzy Frozen blanket. Hunter and Andrew got one, different prints of course, for Christmas last year and she has been asking for one just like it since. There wasn't much choice on prints, so Frozen it was. Though she said her best present ever was a little sister!




No comments:
Post a Comment