Trent had a day and a half for the 4th of July so we decided we'd go down to Corpus Christi for the day and play before the kids and I took of to Utah for 3 weeks.
We went and toured the USS Lexington. Holy huge ship! We didn't see it all as Andrew was tired and as a result very grumpy and everyone was hungry. We went through 2 of the 3 tours the ship offers. It is so amazing to me the size of these ships! As we were standing on the flight deck we looked down into the water and could see jelly fish all over in the bay.
After the ship we went to our favorite, Snopy's on the Pier. Fish and chips! So so yummy!! Then we went over to our favorite spot on Port A. It was a HOT day, and the water was once again bath tub warm. There was sea weed all over the place, so we tried to spread out towel out where there wasn't too much sea weed. I was smart this time and brought along a camp chair so that I'd have someplace to sit. I love the beach, but I don't love swimming. I love to hear the waves, and smell the salty air, and I love watching my family having fun. It was Andrew's first time at the beach. He loves the bath, so I figured he'd love playing in the water too....not so much. He got so mad every time the water came up and then went back, so he didn't spend too much time in the water. He however LOVED digging in the sand and eating the seaweed. I tried so hard to keep him out of the sand, cuz I knew he'd just eat it. I put him in the middle of two towels, but it wasn't long before he figured out that he could pull the towel to him and get to the sand. It was so fun to watch!


1 comment:
Ohhhhh I love the beach also and on a cold day like today, I miss it even more. So jealous you will still have warm weather for the next few months! :-)
Post a Comment