Thursday, April 3, 2014

4 Months


Our little butterball is 4 months old!  I can hardly believe it, he is getting so big so fast.  I wish time would slow down just a little bit.  As he is most likely the last baby for us I want him to stay little a bit longer.  He is so fun!  I love that I have older kids and younger kids.  Carter and Hanna are so very helpful with Andrew.  They can hold him, play with him, get him out of his bed, and even change his diaper (as long as it's not poopy).  They love that they can do it too.
almost 3 months

Somethings about Andrew right now:


  • he weighs 15 lbs 9 ozs and is just over 25 inches long.  That puts him the the 75% for weight and 60% for height.
  • he is a chunky monkey for sure!  Rolls on his legs, arms, and neck
  • in fact, there are so many rolls on his legs that he is in a size 3 diaper to hold that booty in
  • sleep is not something he does well anymore.  He goes to bed about 7pm and wakes up every 2hrs starting at 11pm.  Makes for some very long nights.  Sleep training is on the way (as soon as Trent is on break from class, don't want to keep him up while he needs to sleep for his many tests each week)
  • loves to play on the floor, for about 5 mins
  • tummy time; sometimes
  • HATES church :) just happens to fall right in a nap time and I can hear him screaming while I teach my Sunday School lesson
  • will only nurse well if we are in his room, with it dark, and he is wrapped tight.  Eats every 3-4hrs now.
  • he's very picky when it comes to eating; if someone is talking he will scream, if I talk--oh man cue the crying, and if I sneeze...well, lets just hope I don't :)
  • speaking of eating...takes a bottle pretty well most of the time, however, HATES formula and will vomit for hours after drinking it
  • giggles and laughs when tickled
  • giggles at his brother when he talks to him
  • LOVES to be held.  Would prefer to be held by mom all. day. long.
  • will only sleep if he is wrapped tight 
  • loves to be outside!
  • tries so hard to sit up
  • can roll over from front to back and gets himself up on his side when laying on his back and can move around 
  • wants to be snuggled for a few mins when he wakes up 
  • getting pretty good at grabbing at toys and is very interested in them
  • starting to notice people around him and prefers mom over anyone
  • loves his tongue and will stick it out and blow raspberries


3 months
4 months
Such a handsome little boy!  We sure love him, quirks and all.

Here is a little video of his giggles, it's not the best, he stopped doing it when we pulled out the phone to record him, but still cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's adorable. I didn't realize he's just one month older than Izzy! That sleep thing is a doozy! Makes a big difference when they will sleep well!