Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Baptism and Blessing Day

While we were home we decided to bless Andrew and Carter wanted to be baptized where family could come, so we did them at the same time.  December 28, 213 was a very special day.  Not too many kids get to share their baptism with their baby brothers blessing day.

Carter was so excited to be baptized.  He had been waiting a long time and knew that this was an important step in his life.  We took the time to discuss with him what covenants he'd be making (promises with Heavenly Father) to make sure he knew what it ment to baptized. He was interviewed by our bishop here in San Antonio and then my parents bishop conducted the service.

There were so many people that came to support Carter (and us!).  It was so fun to see some of our old ward members and lots of family.  Carter chose the whole program.  He asked two cousins to say the prayers; Jacob and Tyson. He asked Grandma Hunter to give a talk on baptism and Aunt Carrie to speak on The Holy Ghost. He asked Aunt Karina to play the piano and Uncle Mike to lead the music. Although Suzy, she was our renter, ended up playing the piano for us.  I was impressed with how he tried to involve everyone.  He asked Papa Hunter and Papa Blair to be the witnesses to the baptism, and daddy performed the baptism and the confirmation.  It truly was a special day.  After the baptism Trent gave Andrew a beautiful blessing.  And surprisingly enough, Andrew was good during the blessing.  Aunt Heather held him through most of the baptism program because he was grumpy. After the baptism and blessing we had some yummy sweet rolls from Provo Bakery.  Everyone stayed for just a bit to visit.  I loved being with so many friends and family that I haven't see in months!  I was struck with the thought that when Andrew is old enough to be baptized Carter will be old enough to baptize him.  CRAZY!  My kids are growing too fast.
 
I didn't get near as many pictures as I wanted too....I was so busy making sure everything was set up and ready to go.  We were so blessed that Joe had keys to the stake center and was willing to come very early in the morning to fill the font for us and he set up the chairs as well.  Our morning would have been very rushed had he not offered to do that for us and we are so grateful to him.

This is, unfortunately, the only pictures of Andrew I have, I didn't take any of him in his blessing outfit, which happens to be the same one Hunter wore as I just didn't have time to go find one for him and Trent didn't see the need...Andrew was three weeks old.

Papa Joe and Grandma Bonnie (long time family friends)


We gave Carter a set of scriptures, a small hymn book, and a carrying case for his baptism.  He was THRILLED!  He carried his scriptures with him everywhere for a couple of weeks.  He started reading in Genesis as soon as he got in the car and kept on reading....We eventually told him he might understand more if he started in the New Testament or the Book of Mormon and then tried the Old Testament.  He is currently in Matthew somewhere.  He loves having his own scriptures!

No comments: